Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern
Subatra Thiruchittampalam is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Financial Services & Regulatory and Corporate group currently based in Dusseldorf. Prior to joining the Firm's Dusseldorf office, Subatra worked in the Baker McKenzie offices in Frankfurt and Luxembourg and at an international law office and the Public Prosecutor's Office.
Subatra works on financial services regulations, investment funds and corporate matters. She advises financial institutions on regulatory, investment funds and anti-money laundering, including establishment, structuring of banking and financial services businesses, structuring of cross-border transactions, licensing and registration of products.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major German private bank on the structuring of its cross-border private banking and financial services business in various jurisdictions.
- Advised various investors on fund due diligence and ongoing compliance issues in the real estate and private equity sectors.
- Advised fund managers and service providers on regulatory aspects of fund distribution.
- Advised financial institution on anti-money laundering requirements.
- Advised German pension schemes on the investment in Real Estate Funds.
- Advised non-EU fund managers on the distribution of interests of funds in Germany and regulatory reporting obligations.
- Advised a British/American investment institution on market appearance in Germany.
- Germany (2015)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Exam) (2015)
- University of Heidelberg (First State Exam) (2012)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.