Dr. Florian Thamm is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office. He is the head of the German Real Estate Practice and chair of the EMEA Real Estate Practice Group of Baker McKenzie. Before joining the Firm in 2007, he worked in the Frankfurt, Dusseldorf and London offices of Hengeler Mueller since 2000. In 2004, he was seconded to Slaughter and May in London. Dr. Thamm was admitted to the Frankfurt bar in 2002.
Dr. Thamm has extensive professional experience advising clients on real estate transactions, with particular focus on sales and acquisitions, construction and corporate real estate services.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Deutsche Bank on the sale of a shopping center.
- Advised Beiersdorf on the construction of a new facility.
- Advised HOCHTIEF on the sale of its facility management business unit.
- Advised an Asian pension fund on the acquisition of a logistics portfolio.
- Advised Townsend on the acquisition of a retail portfolio.
- Advised Peakside on the sale of "Square 41" in Frankfurt.
- Advised Magna on the restructuring of one of its manufacturing sites.
- Advised Groupe SEB on the sale and lease-back of a logistics center.
- Advising Abercrombie & Fitch, Amer Sports and The Body Shop on their real estate work in Germany.
- Advised Siemens on the sale of its Wireless Modules division.
- Germany's top dealmakers, Finance-magazin, 2019
- Germany (2002)
- University of Mainz (Dr. jur.) (2002)
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Assessor Exam) (2002)
- University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.