Jonathan is a Mid Associate in the London office and part of the Corporate M&A team. Jonathan joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2017 and has advised clients in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, negotiated private equity transactions, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Jonathan has a focus on technology, media, healthcare and consumer transactions. He has been seconded to Baker McKenzie's San Francisco and Palo Alto offices as well as Macquarie Group in London.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever Prestige on their acquisition of Paula’s Choice from TA Associates
- Advising GlaxoSmithKline on their consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer Inc. (SHORTLISTED - Life Sciences Team of the Year at British Legal Awards 2020)
- Advising GlaxoSmithKline on the integration, rationalisation and separation of their consumer healthcare business
- Advising Tencent on their Series B investment in London AI drone company SenSat Ltd.
- Advising Hitachi on their USD 6.4 billion acquisition of the ABB’s power grids business
- Advising Pitney Bowes on the USD 700 million sale of their Software Solutions business to Syncsort/Centerbridge
- Advising GlaxoSmithKline on the EUR 90 million sale of their Cork manufacturing site to Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Advising Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in the USD 6.6 billion take private acquisition of listed Danish telecoms company TDC A/S alongside PKA, PFA and ATP
- Advising Suez Groupe in relation to its USD 3.4 billion international carve-out acquisition of General Electric's water business
- Advising ICU Medical Inc. on its USD 1 billion acquisition of the Hospira Infusion Systems from Pfizer Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Jonathan is a certified Mental Health First Aider and part of the BakerEthnicity and BakerLGBT+/Allies networks at Baker McKenzie.
He is also a DiversCity in Law mentor and was interviewed by LawCareers.Net for the firm's commendation for diversity award and Chambers UK for the Chambers Student Guide.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2016)
- BPP University (Legal Practice Course) (2017)
- University College London (LLM Master of Laws with Distinction) (2014)
- University College London (LLB Bachelor of Laws with Honours) (2013)