Dr. Mirjam Tercero joined Baker McKenzie’s IPTech team in Vienna as a junior associate in May 2019. Prior to joining the Firm, she completed her legal clerkship at various courts in Vienna. From 2014 to 2018 Mirjam worked as a research assistant at the University of Vienna, Department of Civil Law.
Mirjam advises multinational and domestic clients on data protection, telecommunications law, IT outsourcing, software licensing, cyber security and e-commerce matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global provider of online identity verification solutions on compliance with the GDPR.
- Advised a worldwide leading restaurant chain on legal issues related to the implementation of their new mobile app.
- Advised one of Austria’s leading telecommunication service providers on arising legal issues under the new European Electronic Communications Code.
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2019)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2014)
- Author, "Vertragsabschluss im E-Commerce und im Internet of Things – Besonderheiten elektronischer, automatisierter und autonomer Verträge," Digitale Wirtschaft und Industrie 4.0. Praxishandbuch, August 2018
- Co-author (with Thomas Rainer Schmitt), "Die freien Werknutzungen nach der Urheberrechts-Novelle 2015," Jahrbuch Geistiges Eigentum 2016, July 2016
- Author, “Conference Report: New Rules for Contracts in the Digital Single Market. What's in it for Consumers and Businesses in Europe? - Vienna, 21-22 January 2016,” EuCML February 2016
- Co-author (with Thomas Rainer Schmitt), "Die österreichische Urheberrechts-Novelle 2015 - aus Alt mach' Neu?," GRURInt, January 2016
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.