Dr. Johannes Teichmann is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office. He joined the Firm in 2008 and has worked in the Firm’s Barcelona office for four months in 2013.
Dr. Teichmann advises clients on all aspects of commercial and distribution law and related competition law. He drafts and negotiates agency, distribution and franchise agreements as well as commercial agreements, such as purchase and supply, service, manufacturing and co-operation agreements, and advises on standard agreements. He assists in the reorganization of distribution systems and advises on related competition law matters. Dr. Teichmann also represents clients in commercial disputes and litigation, and is regularly involved in transactions. He frequently gives in-house trainings and publishes on distribution law matters, in particular regarding cross-border contracts and consequences of termination of distribution agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a DAX 30 company on a worldwide contract law review project.
- Advised a German automotive manufacturer on the localization of its distribution agreements in various jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Advised a leading automotive supplier on its portfolio of standard agreements and contractual issues.
- Advised a global medical devices manufacturer on the reorganization of its European distribution system.
- Seconded to a DAX 30 company to provide key support in establishing its compliance department.
- Advised several international clients in cross-border commercial and distribution law matters, particularly in connection with the localization and termination of agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (2008)
- University of Regensburg (Dr. jur.) (2010)
- American University, Washington College of Law (Summer Legal English Institute) (2008)
- Higher Regional Court of Nuremberg (Second State Exam) (2007)
- University of Regensburg (First State Exam) (2004)