Dr. Johannes Teichmann is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office. He is listed as “Next Generation Lawyer“ in distribution law by The Legal 500 Germany 2021, recommended for distribution law by the JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms 2020 and listed under leading individuals for commercial contracts by Chambers Europe 2021. He is among the “best lawyers” for trade law in Germany according to Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2020.
Johannes advises clients on all aspects of commercial and distribution law and related antitrust law. He drafts and negotiates agency, distribution and franchise agreements as well as commercial agreements, such as purchase and supply, service, manufacturing, logistics and construction plant agreements and advises on standard agreements. Johannes assists in the reorganization of distribution systems and advises on related antitrust law matters. Johannes also represents clients in commercial disputes and litigation, and is regularly involved in transactions. He regularly publishes on contract and distribution law matters, in particular regarding German law on standard terms and conditions, cross-border contracts and consequences of termination of distribution agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Amazon on supply contracts with business customers.
- Advises MAN Truck & Bus on the localization of distribution agreements in various jurisdictions.
- Advises a German automotive OEM on distribution law and antitrust law matters.
- Advised comdirect bank AG on e-commerce matters regarding the mediation of contracts for energy and telecommunications services.
- Advises Uniper on contractual matters regarding the proposed project to develop a liquefied natural gas (LNG) Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.
- Advises R. STAHL on project agreements and the implementation of a contract review tool.
- Advised a global manufacturer of turbines in negotiations of high-volume agreements for the manufacturing and supply of gas turbines for the construction of power plants.
- Seconded to a DAX 30 company to provide key support in establishing its compliance department.
- Best Lawyer in Germany for Trade Law, Best Lawyers 2021
- Leading individual for Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe, 2021
- Next generation name in commercial and distribution law, Legal 500 Europe, 2021
- Recommended for distribution law, JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms, 2020-2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (2008)
- University of Regensburg (Dr. jur.) (2010)
- American University, Washington College of Law (Summer Legal English Institute) (2008)
- Higher Regional Court of Nuremberg (Second State Exam) (2007)
- University of Regensburg (First State Exam) (2004)
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Katharina Spenner), "Umsetzung der Warenkaufrichtlinie: Geplante Änderungen des BGB zur Regelung des Verkaufs von Sachen mit digitalen Elementen und anderer Aspekte des Kaufvertrags," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Katharina Spenner), "Implementation of the Directive (EU) 2019/771 on the sale of goods: Upcoming amendments to the German Civil Code governing the sale of goods with digital elements and other aspects of sales contracts," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns), "Gilt deutsches AGB-Recht für lokale Verträge, die unter einem globalen Rahmenvertrag mit ausländischem Recht abgeschlossen wurden?" ZVertriebsR 2020, 184
- Co-author, "Verträge im grenzüberschreitenden Warenverkehr" und "Distributionsverträge," FORUM Institut für Management GmbH – Schriftlicher Lehrgang Internationale Vertragsgestaltung, 2020
- Co-author (with Cathleen Laitenberger), "Findet AGB-Recht auf Kaufverträge, die unter einem individuell verhandelten Rahmenliefervertrag abgeschlossen werden, Anwendung?" ZVertriebsR 2019 214
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.