Chris Taylor is a senior associate in the Corporate Markets group of Baker McKenzie in Melbourne. Chris advises clients on transactional matters, including public and private M&A, securities law, warranty and indemnity insurance, joint ventures and strategic investments, restructuring, commercial contracting and corporate governance.
Prior to joining the Firm, Chris was a senior associate at a large domestic law firm and has completed secondments with Amcor, Orora and BP Australia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Booking Holdings on the acquisitions of hotel metasearch site HotelsCombined and AS Digital, a provider of restaurant table and reservation management software (now OpenTable Australia).
- Advised Australian Pharmaceutical Industries on the acquisition of the Clearskincare Clinics and products business.
- Advised Accolade Wines on the acquisition of Australian premium wine business, Fine Wine Partners.
- Advised CDPQ on the acquisition of a 20% investment stake in Plenary Group Holdings, an independent developer and manager of public infrastructure.
- Advised Louis Dreyfus Company Asia on its joint venture with Midfield Group for the construction, development and management of a dairy processing plant.
- Advised Zijin Mining Group on the acquisition of Norton Gold Fields by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Amcor on the demerger of its Australasia Packaging Distribution business, including the establishment and listing of Orora Ltd.
- Advised Amcor on various acquisitions and divestures (including the acquisitions of Aperio Group, Wayne Richardson Sales and Detmold Flexibles).
- Advised Foster’s on the demerger of its wine assets from its beer and sprit assets, including the establishment and listing of Treasury Wine Estates.
- Advised the liquidators of Timbercorp on the sale of the forestry assets.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2006)
- Monash University (LLB)
- Monash University (BCom Accounting)
- The University of Chicago (Program Mergers & Acquisition)
- Kaplan Professional (GradDipAppFin (Corp Fi/Corp Adv))