Fred Taubman has extensive experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions as well as public and private equity. He is a partner in the Corporate and Securities practice group. Fred is recognized by the South Florida Legal Guide as a "Top Lawyer" in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted major European manufacturer with acquisition of plastics company.
- Represented major online company in multiple cross-border matters.
- Negotiated settlement for major Caribbean construction company.
- Handled asset acquisition transaction for Toronto stock exchange-listed company
- Represented parties in creation of joint venture related to formation of racetrack.
- Represented major spice manufacturer in multiple distribution transactions.
- Counseled European bank in connection with acquisition of broker-dealer.
- Represented India-based company in outbound distribution transaction related to pharmaceuticals.
- Prepared agreement among multiple hospitals for geographic reclassification under Medicare.
- Completed multiple physician practice acquisitions for public companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Bar
- Florida~United States (1995)
- University of Miami (J.D. cum laude) (1995)
- Binghamton University (B.A. History) (1988)
Co-presenter, "Succession Planning: The Agony and the Ecstasy," FIU Family Business Forum, Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables, 24 May 2012
Speaker, Sarbanes-Oxley Seminar Baker McKenzie
Contributor, Health Law Newsletter, Baker Mckenzie