Gürkan advises clients on all aspects of Belgian and EU (individual and collective) employment law and social security law. He handles both advisory work and litigation regarding employment contracts, international employment, employment termination, collective lay-offs and the closing of enterprises, transfers of undertakings, and employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, as well as non-compete and restrictive covenants.
In addition, Gürkan focuses on certain aspects of immigration and global mobility.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a client in obtaining a visa for an employee from Turkey despite political tensions at the time between the Belgian and Turkish authorities (as a result of which they were temporarily not issuing any visas).
- Has been involved in various multiple/collective lay-off procedures.
- Has been involved in various due diligence projects (regarding the employment law aspects).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Social Law Association (Vereniging voor Sociaal Recht) - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2022)
- KU Leuven (Law Degree, magna cum laude) (2022)
- Author, "Winstuitkering in de BV: geflexibiliseerd of verzwaard?," Jura Falc. 2022-23, no. 59-2, p. 545-645