Alia Tarek is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. Her expertise includes advising on corporate restructuring, M&As transactions, and corporate advisory and maintenance matters. Alia is regularly involved in conducting legal due diligence exercises, assisting foreign investors with setting up businesses in in Egypt, including navigating regulatory restrictions, approvals and structuring work. Alia also has an experience in employment and labor law, attending employee investigations and drafting employment law advice. Alia obtained a License en Droit from Universite Paris I (Pentheon-Sorbonne) in 2018. She was later awarded an LLB in Business Law from Cairo University in 2019. She also has received Master 1 in International Business Law in 2019 and Master 2 in Arbitration and International Commercial Law in 2020 from the same university.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Dongfeng Motor Group Company Ltd. in connection with advising on a cooperation with ElNasr Automotive Manufacturing Company and Metallurgical Industries Holding for intended to locally manufacturing electric vehicles in Egypt, which is the first EV JV.
- Advised Inspired Education Group (Inspired), leading global premium schools group, on the launch of its first King’s School in Egypt in partnership with Palm Hills Developments (PHD), a leading real estate company in the Egyptian market.
- Advised a number of telecommunication companies on corporate, data privacy, importation and consumer protection laws matters.
- Advised a number of NGOs on their establishment and operations in Egypt.
- Advised a USA accredited non-profit university on its establishment and operations in Egypt.
- Advised two of the USA leading companies in the field of social media on corporate matters.
- Advised a Japanese Food production and distribution company in its incorporation in Egypt.
- Assisted a real estate and tourism development company in connection with convening ordinary general meetings and extraordinary general meetings as well as other corporate matters.
- Advised the world's leading streaming entertainment service provider on importation of LTOs.
- Advised the world's leading furniture and home accessories company on its country assessment and on agency agreements.
- Advised several companies in the medical and laboratory fields based in Egypt, Japan and the UK on corporate matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association
Contributed at the completion of the 2021 Insolvency Annual Survey by the World Bank, 2021
Contributed at the MENA World Congress on Justice With Children as an interpreter, 2020
- Egypt (2021)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Master 2 in Arbitration and International Commercial Law) (2020)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Master 1 in International Business Law) (2019)
- Cairo University (LL.B. Business Law) (2019)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (LL.B. Business Law) (2018)