Fedor Tanke joined the Amsterdam office of Baker McKenzie in 1996. He mainly advises Dutch, German and foreign banks, equity funds and sponsors, and has particular experience in the real estate sector. Fedor regularly gives presentations on topics covering acquisition and real estate finance and secured lending. He has published several articles on banking issues and changes in securities laws and regulations.
Fedor focuses his practice on banking and finance and has extensive experience in bank lending and other extensions of credit, project and acquisition finance, as well as financial restructuring.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising DEKA Immobilien GmbH in connection with the EUR215 million real estate acquisition of the Symphony office building in Amsterdam, totalling 34,500 square meter and underground parking with 466 spaces, from Philips Pension Funds as seller.
- Acting for the one of the largest Dutch construction and real estate development companies in connection with a comprehensive refinancing and restructuring of its term and revolving working capital facilities as borrower under several facility agreements (combined value EUR192.5 million).
- Acting as lead counsel to Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen (Helaba) as lender in the EUR16.2 million refinancing of Bluewater Energy Services B.V.'s highly sustainable building in 40,000 square meter Park 20|20 in Hoofddorp based on a cradle to cradle philosophy and the establishment of security interests on the real estate and related assets.
- Acting as lead counsel to B.V. Amsterdamsche Huizenhandel en Administratiemaatschappij and J.H.F. Schopman B.V., the manager of AHAM, as borrowers under a EUR100 million long-term credit facility agreement in connection with the financing of a EUR240 million high-end real estate portfolio comprising 1,800 units in Amsterdam and Haarlem, with associated security and derivative arrangements.
- Advising FMC Corporation on its USD2 billion financing and security arrangements through its Dutch subsidiaries FMC Finance B.V. and FMC Chemicals Netherlands B.V., and amendment and extension of its USD1.5 billion revolving credit agreement.
- Advising One Equity Partners, the US-based private equity firm, on its leveraged buyout of Sonneborn, Inc. and Sonneborn Refined Products B.V. from Sun Capital Partners Inc. The acquisition consideration included proceeds of senior credit facility arranged by Macquarie Securities and Bank of Montreal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Securities Law Association - Member
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA) - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (1996)
- Leiden University (Master's Degree Civil Law) (1996)
- University of Leiden (Degree German Civil and Bankruptcy Law) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.