Sze Shing Tan has 12 years of experience in cross border private M&A in London as well as the Asia Pacific region. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she spent seven years practicing in the corporate M&A team of a magic circle firm in London and relocated to its Singapore office in 2011.
Sze Shing’s practice focuses on cross-border private M&A, with particular emphasis on the energy and resources industry and financial services sector.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Sze Shing worked on the following matters:
- Advised a financial institution on the sale of its wealth management business in Asia.
- Advised a bidder on its bid and consortium arrangements for one of the leading poultry producers in Thailand.
- Advised a pan-Asian private equity house on the international aspects of its leveraged buy-out of a healthcare group in Malaysia.
- Advised a European bank on its bid for an Asian private banking and wealth management business.
- Advised an international oil and gas group on the restructuring of its Singapore business.
- Advised an international oil company on the sale of its Australia downstream businesses.
- Advised an Asia Pacific regional oil and gas company on its bid for assets in the Offshore West Natuna Basin, Indonesia.
- Advised a European bank on its investment in the retail property business in Vietnam.
- Advised a European bank on its investment in hypermarket-anchored retail malls in Indonesia.
- Advised an international oil company on its acquisition of an LNG portfolio of assets outside North America.
- Supreme Court of Singapore~Singapore (2015)
- England & Wales - United Kingdom (2004)
- King's College London, UK (Master of Laws International Business Law) (2001)
- King's College London, UK (Bachelor of Laws) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.