Sharon is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group in Singapore. She has experience in real estate, both as a practicing lawyer and as an in-house legal counsel. She was previously senior legal counsel with one of Singapore's major public-listed property developers with a diversified portfolio of development and investment properties, hotels and serviced suites located in Singapore and overseas.
Prior to joining the Firm, Sharon practiced in one of the Big Four law firms in Singapore and was a key member in the real estate practice group.
Sharon has advised extensively on a wide range of real estate transactions in Singapore, including the sale and purchase, and development of commercial, industrial and residential properties. She has also acted for sellers and purchasers in various enbloc projects. Sharon also advises banks and borrowers on various banking facilities such as mortgages, refinancing, land/construction facilities for development projects. She also regularly acts for landlords and tenants in the review and negotiation of leases/licence agreements for office and retail spaces, industrial and residential properties.
Apart from real estate matters, Sharon also has experience with hotel management and hospitality contracts and transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the purchaser in an acquisition (share deal) and financing of a premium luxury hotel in Tokyo, for an estimated value of USD 881 million, and the negotiations of new hotel management agreements with the existing operator.
- Acted for the purchaser in a SGD 547.5 million acquisition (asset deal) and financing of a Grade A office building located in the heart of Singapore's Civic and Cultural District.
- Acted for a European multinational financial services company in its Laos' entity's acquisition (asset deal) of an office building in Laos and leaseback of part of the premises to the vendor, including advising on negotiations with the Ministry of Finance for its requisite approval of the transaction.
- Acted for a confidential client in the review and negotiations of the long term lease of its new global headquarters in Singapore in a historical industrial building designated as a national monument.
- Acted for a joint venture company (being a joint venture between stakeholders from Singapore, Thailand and Myanmar) to draft and advise on the creation of a registrable long-term lease for an automobile service centre in Myanmar, including advising on the company's negotiations with the Myanmar Investment Commission for its requisite endorsement of the lease and conditions to such endorsement.
- Acted for a confidential client in relation to their proposed development and construction of its R&D facility with estimated investment projected over USD 2.53 billion in Singapore including negotiations with JTC. This new technology facility is the client's first advanced R&D facility in the world.
- Acted for Ascendas REIT (now merged with CapitaLand Limited) on the acquisition and financing of a SGD 181.2 million build-to-suit development project, which will be used as Grab’s new headquarters in Singapore. This is Grab's first dedicated physical facility and its largest R&D centre.
- Acted for a Swiss multinational investment bank as anchor tenant in the review and negotiations of a long term lease and fitting out of the whole of the Grade A premium office building located in Singapore's commercial and shopping hub. This was one of the largest commercial lease transactions in 2019.
- Acted for Amcor Flexibles Singapore Pte Ltd, as anchor tenant, on a build-to-suit project with a substantially valued long-term lease of an integrated production and warehouse facility with Boustead Development Partnership (BDP).
- Acted for the Singapore arm of the global solar firm, REC on their SGD 585 million sale and leaseback of its Tuas South HQ property to Australia-based Logos Property. This is one of the largest industrial deals completed in Singapore in 2019.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- The Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore (2007)
- National University of Singapore (LLB with honors) (2006)