Sharon is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group in Singapore. She has experience in real estate, both as a practicing lawyer and as an in-house legal counsel. She was previously senior legal counsel with one of Singapore's major public-listed property developers with a diversified portfolio of development and investment properties, hotels and serviced suites located in Singapore and overseas.
Prior to joining the Firm, Sharon practiced in one of the Big Four law firms in Singapore and was a key member in the real estate practice group.
Sharon has advised extensively on a wide range of real estate transactions in Singapore, including the sale and purchase, and development of commercial, industrial and residential properties. She has also acted for sellers and purchasers in various enbloc projects. Sharon also advises banks and borrowers on various banking facilities such as mortgages, refinancing, land/construction facilities for development projects. She also regularly acts for landlords and tenants in the review and negotiation of leases/licence agreements for office and retail spaces, industrial and residential properties.
Apart from real estate matters, Sharon also has experience with hotel management and hospitality contracts and transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Sharon worked on the following matters:
- Advised the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore in its corporatization on all land related matters, including consultations with the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Singapore Land Authority, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Transport.
- Acted for the proprietors of the former Emerald Court to jointly redevelop the land into a new residential development with additional units and facilities by way of a collaboration and partition agreement between the proprietors.
- Acted for the UK government in the sale of 2 plots of land around the official residence of the British High Commissioner in Singapore by way of public tender, including consultations with the Urban Redevelopment Authority, National Parks Board and Public Utilities Board on subdivision matters.
- Acted for KOP Group in the development and sale of The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Singapore, the first Ritz-Carlton branding in Asia for a strata-titled residential development (without hotel component). It won Best Condominium Development in Singapore in the South-East Asia Property Awards 2012.
- Acted for an Arizona-based data services company in the negotiations of the first long term lease and management of a unique modular data centre infrastructure in Singapore in a multi-tenanted building owned by JTC. It’s their first data centre outside the US worth over tens of millions of USD with one of the largest densities of data centre capacity in Southeast Asia.
- Acted for an Indonesian developer in the development, sublease and management of the first 5-star luxury seafront resort in Nongsa, Batam, comprising of 88 villas and 45 residences which are both available for ownership. It won the Best Villa Development (Indonesia) award in the South East Asia Property Awards 2011.
- Acted for Berjaya Vacation Club (S) Pte Ltd in the sale of the Berjaya Hotel in Singapore.
- Acted for a major vacation club in the drafting and negotiations of a new lease agreement in place of an existing management agreement for a resort in Indonesia with a capex investment of over USD3 million by the land owner.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Singapore Academy of Law - Member
- The Law Society of Singapore - Member
- Singapore (2007)
- National University of Singapore (LLB with honors) (2006)