Kim Tan is proficient in domestic and cross-border (solvent) corporate reorganizations including the establishment of new corporate structures. He also regularly advises on the notarial aspects of M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets transactions as well as Dutch corporate governance issues.
Kim and his team have worked on multiple reorganisations and transactions for US headquartered multi-nationals with significant European operations. He is familiar with the objectives behind such reorganizations and transactions as well as the successful management of local law implementation issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US chemical company on a supply chain restructuring covering all major European countries.
- Advised a US food company on a European supply chain restructuring.
- Advised a NYSE-listed manufacturing company on an internal restructuring involving 22 countries.
- Advised a leading electronics and entertainment company on its global integration following the establishment of a joint venture with a listed German media company.
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed technology company on various cross-border post-acquisition integrations.
- Advised a US-based pharmaceutical company on a multijurisdictional post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a US based pharmaceutical company on the separation and spin-off of its research-based pharmaceutical business.
- Advised a multinational technology company in connection with a multibillion dollar stock purchase transaction.
- Regularly advises on cross-border listings involving Dutch corporate structures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Royal Notarial Association (Koninklijke Notariële Beroepsorganisatie)
- Amsterdam Legal Association (Amsterdams Juridisch Genootschap)
- Dutch Commercial Law Association (Vereniging Handelsrecht)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (1999)
- University of Leiden (Civil Notarial Law) (1998)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College (1998)
Author, “Choosing a solid base for doing business in Europe," Practical Laywer, December 2007
Co-author, "International Asset Transfer - a practitioner’s handbook," De Gruyter, 2010
Co-author, article on Business Transformations, De Bedrijfsjurist, March 2013
Presenter, "Choosing a solid base for doing business in Europe," American Law Institute - American Bar Association