Kim Tan is a partner in the Corporate department in Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office. He joined the Firm as a candidate civil-law notary in 1999. From 2006 to 2007, he worked in the Firm’s Chicago office where he was involved in multiple global reorganization projects. He became partner in 2008, and was appointed civil-law notary in 2013. Kim regularly speaks at workshops and seminars about corporate reorganizations and managing business transformation processes.
Kim is proficient in domestic and and cross-border (solvent) corporate reorganizations including the establishment of new corporate structures. He also regularly advises on the notarial aspects of M&A, private equity and capital markets transactions as well as Dutch corporate governance issues. Kim and his team have worked on multiple reorganizations and transactions for US headquartered multinationals with significant European operations. He is familiar with the objectives behind such reorganizations and transactions as well as the successful management of local law implementation issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly advises on cross-border listings involving Dutch corporate structures.
- Advised a multinational technology company in connection with a multibillion dollar stock purchase transaction.
- Advised a US-based pharmaceutical company on the separation and spin-off of its research-based pharmaceutical business.
- Advised a US-based pharmaceutical company on a multijurisdictional post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed technology company on various cross-border post-acquisition integrations.
- Advised a leading electronics and entertainment company on its global integration following the establishment of a joint venture with a listed German media company.
- Advised a NYSE-listed manufacturing company on an internal restructuring involving 22 countries.
- Advised a US food company on a European supply chain restructuring.
- Advised a US chemical company on a supply chain restructuring covering all major European countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Commercial Law Association (Vereniging Handelsrecht)
- Royal Civil Law Notaries Association
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Amsterdam Legal Association (Amsterdams Juridisch Genootschap)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (1999)
- University of Leiden (1998)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College (1998)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.