Shyama Talukdar is a member of Baker McKenzie's Employment & Compensation Law Practice Group in Toronto. In her practice, Shyama regularly advises employers on a full range of labour, employment, and human rights matters. Whether it’s representation in the context of litigation, guidance through an alternative dispute resolution process, or the provision of day-to-day advice, Shyama provides clients with timely and effective support.
Before joining Baker McKenzie as an associate, Shyama earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto. During this time, Shyama was involved in the International Human Rights Program and represented clients before the Superior Court of Justice as a member of the student legal aid clinic.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2019)
- University of Toronto (JD) (2018)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Arts International Relations) (2014)
- Co-author, "Now Effective: Changes to the Canada Labour Code (Part One)," and "Now Effective: Changes to the Canada Labour Code (Part Two)," Baker McKenzie Canadian Labour and Employment Law Blog, September 2019