Daniel Tallitsch works in the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He has significant experience representing clients in a wide range of intellectual property disputes, particularly those involving patents. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Tallitsch worked for several years as a mechanical engineer in the power industry.
Mr. Tallitsch focuses his practice on representing clients in patent-related disputes. He helps clients in various industries - including manufacturing, shipping, plastics, and transportation - register, protect and enforce their respective patents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully defended a foreign corporation, its US subsidiary and one of its customers at trial in a USD100 million case alleging infringement of two US patents involving mechanically locking laminate flooring technology
- Counseled and won summary judgment and a large settlement in a case alleging infringement of a liquid packaging technology patent
- Represented and won a favorable settlement for a railcar component supplier in a suit alleging infringement of a railroad ballast spreading technology patent
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications for a charcoal and gas grill manufacturer. Won favorable settlements for the client shortly after filing suits for infringement of several of those patents
- Acted to protect the shipping crate technology of an international logistics service provider through the preparation of a patent application
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications for a US supplier of plastic injection molded products to the dairy, bottled water and juice industries
- U.S. District Court, Colorado~United States (2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin~United States (2007)
- Illinois Supreme Court~United States (2006)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (J.D. High Honors) (2006)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Master of Science Mechanical Engineering) (2001)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S. Mechanical Engineering) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.