Caroline is a special counsel in the Corporate Markets group of Baker McKenzie, based in Melbourne.
Caroline has extensive experience advising on mergers & acquisitions and capital markets matters. Caroline has over 15 years' experience practising at leading law firms in Australia and New York and as an in-house lawyer, including having held the position as executive director, assistant general counsel at JPMorgan Chase & Co with responsibility for JPMorgan's Australian investment banking business.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Caroline has advised clients in Australia and New York on a wide range of corporate matters, including:
- J.P. Morgan as underwriter in connection with numerous capital raisings by corporate and institutional clients (including initial public offerings, institutional placements and entitlement offerings), as well as hybrid offerings by Westpac Banking Corporation and National Australia Bank.
- American International Group, Inc. (AIG) in connection with its global restructuring and sales processes, including a debt for equity swap (involving ALICO and AIA) for a total value of USD 14 billion (2008-2009).
- US public and private companies and private equity clients in connection with the acquisition and sale of public and private companies and the execution of exit and reinvestment strategies (including representing Macquarie Capital Group on its acquisition of an interest in Express Energy Services, representing Pfizer Inc. on its acquisition of Encysive Pharmaceuticals Inc. (2008), representing Estee Lauder on its sale of Rodan & Fields brand (2007) and representing FrontPoint Partners in the sale of its business to Morgan Stanley (2006).
- Australian corporate clients on capital raisings: DUET (IPO, issuance of stapled units, 2004), AMP (issuance of reset preference shares, 2003), IAG (issuance of reset preference shares, 2003), Adelaide Bank (issuance of reset preference shares, 2002).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- New York~United States (2006)
- Victoria~Australia (2001)
- University of Monash (BBus (Banking & Finance))
- University of Monash (LLB with honors)
- FINSIA (Kaplan) (Graduate Diploma Applied Finance & Investment)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.