Natusia Szeliga focuses on securitisation, structured credit products and loan portfolio transactions involving a wide variety of asset classes as well as debt capital markets. In addition, she also advises banks and corporates on general financing transactions, often with a more structured angle, such as supplier finance and asset based lending.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Argenta Spaarbank NV on two Dutch RMBS transactions: EUR 1.2 billion via Green Apple 2017-I-NHG and EUR 1.1 billion via Green Apple 2018-I-NHG.
- Advised Arrow Global / Vesting Finance as members of the winning consortium for Project Yellow (sale by Rabobank of RNHB Hypotheekbank and EUR 1.7 billion mortgage portfolio).
- Advised VW Financial Services on its inaugural Dutch auto lease securitsation in an amount of up to EUR 1 billion.
- Advised multiple Dutch and foreign parties on the structuring and set-up of new Dutch residential mortgage lending platforms.
- Acted as transaction counsel to Argenta Spaarbank on a EUR 1.2 billion Dutch RMBS.
- Acting as Dutch counsel on around 90 CLO transactions in the European CLO 2.0 market. Examples include the first European CLO since the finance crisis (Cairn CLO III B.V.), the first additional issuance among the European 2.0 CLOs ( upsize of the Dryden XXVII transaction) and a number of refinancings and reset transactions.
- Providing Dutch and German law advice to Novapars and NIBC in respect of the sale, purchase and financing of a portfolio of former Gallinat bank consumer loans and related assets.
- Advised Natixis on various transactions in the Dutch mortgage market, including a Dutch RMBS warehouse facility for Merius Hypotheken, the structuring and documentation of investments in Dutch residential mortgage loans by three foreign investors and the structuring and documentation of investments in Dutch residential mortgage loans by foreign insurance companies.
- Acted as lead counsel to ING with respect to several financing transactions whereby ING provided a covered loan to a financial institution secured by a portfolio of commercial real estate loans or securitisation notes.
- Advised NIBC Bank as senior noteholder/administrative agent and security trustee on a financing of a portfolio of Dutch SME loans originated by a newly established lending platform. The financing was into newly originated Dutch SME loans through Dutch Growth B.V.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Amsterdam Bar Association - Member
- Netherlands (2010)
- University of Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of Leiden (LL.B.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.