Ms. Szeliga focuses her practice on securitisation and structured credit products involving a wide variety of asset classes, as well as general financing transactions such as loans and commodity finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing Novapars Capital on its acquisition of the German loan portfolio and servicing operations of bankrupt Dutch bank DSB.
- Acting for Natixis as arranger, underwriter and senior investor in a EUR250 million Dutch consumer loan warehousing facility for a foreign investor.
- Advising Dealers Financierings Maatschappij (DFM), a Dutch joint venture of Volkswagen, on the establishment of a EUR785 million Dutch vehicle loans-backed securitisation programme.
- Advising Stichting Note Trustee Opera Finance (Uni-Invest) as note trustee with respect to the restructuring, the enforcement and representation before the Dutch court in relation to a EUR1.0089 billion Dutch CMBS transaction.
- Acting for Riwal Holding Group B.V. and Riwal Finance B.V. as borrower and its 55 subsidiaries in the Netherlands and abroad, under a EUR170 million senior term and revolving credit facilities agreement.
- Advising One Equity Partners, the US-based private equity firm, on its leveraged buyout of Sonneborn Inc. and Sonneborn Refined Products B.V. from Sun Capital Partners Inc. The acquisition consideration included proceeds of senior credit facility arranged by Macquarie Securities and Bank of Montreal.
- Advising Credit Suisse on Dutch law in connection with a synthetic repackaging transaction through Dutch company Phoenix Emerging Markets B.V., consisting of the issuance of USD50 million notes listed on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Amsterdam Bar Association - Member
- Netherlands (2010)
- University of Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of Leiden (LL.B.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.