Piotr Szczeciński is a counsel at the Warsaw office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions group. He advises clients on public and private M&A transactions with particular focus on Tech M&A deals, representing both vendors and purchasers during the acquisition processes. He has handled the complex reorganizations of groups of companies as well as advised on establishing new corporate structures (joint ventures).
Piotr has significant experience in the technology and defense & security sectors. Piotr has been handling defense procurement cases under both Public Procurement Law and the Ministry of National Defense’s regulations. Piotr also has a unique experience in advising on the most complex offset projects in Poland. He holds a Polish security clearance authorizing him to access classified information up to confidential level.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Total Specific Solutions (TSS) on public M&A transaction concerning the acquisition of Simple Group;
- Advised Zebra Technologies on the acquisition of Adaptive Vision, the leading provider of graphical machine vision software, as well as a provider of libraries and other products for machine vision developers;
- Advised Arbonia Group on the sale of Dobroplast Fabryka Okien to DOVISTA, a part of VKR Group (Velux), and related carve-out of manufacturing activity;
- Advised International Schools Partnership on the acquisition of a private primary school and private nursery in Poland;
- Advised Grupa Wirtualna Polska on the acquisition of a majority stake in Audioteka, a leading audiobooks platform operating in Poland, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Lithuania;
- Advised the biggest global defense and aviation company with regard to its successful participation in defense procurement proceedings, with a value estimated at over PLN 1 billion.
- Advised one of the top 5 global defense contractors on the sale of high-value military equipment to the Polish government (procurement law and offset-related advice).
- Advised global US-based defense and aerospace group on one of the highest-value offset project in Poland, including negotiations with the Polish Ministry of National Defense, preparation and execution of offset documentation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association
- Warsaw~Poland (2019)
- University of Warsaw (Master of Laws (LL.M.)) (2014)
- University of Warwick (Certificate English Law ) (2014)
- Speaker, "Defense Procurement Process in Poland & Cooperation with Polish defense industry", 30th International Defense Industry Exhibition (MSPO), September 2022
- Speaker, "Recent Developments, Current Opportunities & Challenges Facing Defense Contractors in Poland", 28th International Defense Industry Exhibition (MSPO), September 2020
- Speaker, "Cooperation between the British defense contractors and the Polish partners", 27th International Defense Industry Exhibition (MSPO), September 2019
- Speaker, "Global corporate reorganizations of capital groups," University of Warsaw, December 2018
- Speaker, "Agreements concluded at the initial stage of M&A transactions,” University of Warsaw, November 2017
- Speaker, "Europe’s border security in XXI century,” Military University of Technology in Warsaw, April 2016