Piotr Szczecinski is a senior associate at the Warsaw office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions group. He advises clients on private M&A deals, representing both vendors and purchasers during the acquisition processes. He has handled the reorganization of groups of companies as well as establishing new corporate structures (joint ventures).
Piotr has significant experience in the defense and security sector, having handling defense procurement cases under both Public Procurement Law and the Ministry of National Defense’s regulations as well as multiple offset-related matters. He holds a Polish security clearance authorizing him to access classified information up to confidential level.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a leading global US-based packaging company on a number of acquisitions in CEE region, including several acquisitions in Poland.
- Advised a German global chemical conglomerate on the acquisition of its competitor in polyamide, intermediates and engineering plastics business, including post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a Poland-based private equity fund on the sale of leading satellite services group with operating entities in Poland and Germany.
- Advised the shareholders on the sale of shares in the leading CEE group (Poland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic and Lithuania) of manufacturing and servicing companies specialized in the industrial equipment sector.
- Advised an international conglomerate specializing in offshore wind farms on the sale of two companies through a bidding process, including assisting the client in a due diligence process.
- Advised a US global conglomerate on the corporate reorganization of its business in Poland, including sales of shares, sales of assets and corporate spin-offs.
- Advised one of the fastest-growing new technologies company on establishing its corporate structure in the CEE region.
- Advised the biggest global defense and aviation company with regard to its successful participation in defense procurement proceedings, with a value estimated at over PLN 1 billion.
- Advised one of the top 5 global defense contractors on the sale of high-value military equipment to the Polish government (procurement law and offset-related advice).
- Advised one of the top 5 global defense contractors on cybersecurity and encryption matters in relation to establishing secure communication channels between the US and Poland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association
- Warsaw~Poland (2019)
- University of Warsaw (Master of Laws (LL.M.)) (2014)
- University of Warwick (Certificate English Law ) (2014)
- Speaker, “Global corporate reorganizations of capital groups,” University of Warsaw, December 2018
- Speaker, “Agreements concluded at the initial stage of M&A transactions,” University of Warsaw, November 2017
- Speaker, “Europe’s border security in XXI century,” Military University of Technology in Warsaw, April 2016