Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, David handled the following matters:
Represented a global financial institution in an enforcement action brought by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange relating to its commodities trading activities.
Represented a global financial institution in a complaint filed by certain ERISA plan trustees against numerous defendants related to the servicing of securitized mortgage loans.
Represented a global financial institution in several matters related to its activities as remarketing agent for variable rate demand obligations (“VRDOs”) issued by agencies or units of state and local government.
Advised a US-based corporate trustee with respect to portfolios impacted by LIBOR transition, including conducting portfolio-wide risk impact assessments, analyzing various consumer products, and developing litigation contingency plans.
- New York~United States (2019)
- Cornell Law School (JD, cum laude) (2018)
- University of California, Berkeley (BA, History, honors) (2013)
- Co-author, "SEC Rattles SPAC Market With Novel Enforcement Action," Bloomberg Law, 18 August 2021
- Author, Rape in War: Prosecuting the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Boko Haram for Sexual Violence Against Women, 50 Cornell Int’l L.J. 333, 2017