Masatsugu Suzuki is the founding partner of the Tokyo Aoyama Law Office. He started practicing at Shigeru Kuriyama Law Office in 1966, and worked in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office from 1971 to 1972. Mr. Suzuki has contributed articles to numerous publications, including the International Bar Association’s IBA Takeover Guide. He has lectured at the Legal Research and Training Institute, the Law School of Chuo University, Yokohama National University and the Law School of Hitotsubashi University. He has also held leadership positions for various legal associations, including the Tokyo Bar Association and the Japan Federation of Bar Associations.
Mr. Suzuki focuses his practice on corporate and antitrust law, as well as intellectual property and labor law. He has extensive experience in international business transaction law, and regularly represents Japanese and foreign companies in setting up branch offices, joint venture companies and wholly owned subsidiary companies in Japan and overseas. He also advises clients on distribution, licensing and employee arrangement issues for mergers and acquisitions projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property - Member
- Japanese Patent Attorneys Association - Member
- International Law Association - Member
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations - Member
- LAWASIA - Member
- Japan Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Japan (1966)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.) (1972)
- Academy of American and International Law (1969)
- Legal Research & Training Institute of Supreme Court of Japan (1966)
- Chuo University (LL.B.) (1959)