Lewis L. Sutton is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate & Securities practice group in Chicago. Prior to joining the Firm, Lewis was a property law teaching assistant and a senior editor of the Howard Human & Civil Rights Law Review. Lewis has also spent time in Asia providing consulting services for a large supply-chain company.
Lewis advises multinational companies on global and domestic mergers and acquisitions, corporate and supply chain restructurings, and pre- and post-transaction integrations. He also advises public companies on SEC reporting obligations and corporate governance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Gebr. Knauf KG on its USD 7 billion acquisition of USG Corporation
- Advised Hultafors Group AB on its acquisition of Johnson Level & Tool
- Advised Lidl US on its acquisition of Best Market
- Advised Servier on its acquisition of Shire's global oncology business for USD 2.4 billion
- Advised Knauf Insulation on the sale of its Silvercote business to Distribution International, Inc.
The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 in Illinois, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Illinois~United States (2017)
- Howard University School of Law (JD) (2017)
- Howard University (MBA) (2017)
- Southern Illinois University (BA) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.