Timur Sukirno, a senior partner, is the chairman of HHP Law Firm and head of the Commercial Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Mr. Sukirno is the founder and first chairman of the Indonesian Receivers and Administrators Association, and has represented lenders and companies in Suspension of Payment (PKPU) processes as well as out-of-court settlements and bankruptcy proceedings. He is a member of the Higher Education of Law Committee at the Department of Education and of the Subcommittee on the Development of Law in the Framework of Economic Recovery.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing PT Berlian Laju Tanker, the world's third-largest chemical shipper, in its debt restructuring process. It was one of the biggest and the longest restructurings through suspension of payment processes in the Indonesia Commercial Courts.
- Representing PT PAM Lyonnaise Jaya (Palyja) in its controversy against the Jakarta PDAM.
- Representing PT Mass Rapid Transit Jakarta in relation to the construction of the Jakarta mass rapid transit project. The project involves complex contractual documentation where there will be eight construction contracts to be signed.
- Assisting and representing a German multinational automotive corporation and its relevant entities in Indonesia in their appeal against the decision of the North Jakarta District Court in a product liability claim.
- Representing an American global information technology company in arbitration proceedings at the Indonesian National Board of Arbitration against a local corporation.
- Representing a luxury goods conglomerate in various disputes with its exclusive local distributor in Indonesia. The matters involve SIAC arbitration in Singapore (using Singaporean law), civil court litigation, administrative court litigation and enforcement of SIAC arbitration awards in Indonesia.
- Representing a trading company in a dispute against Japanese company, arising under and/or in connection with a joint venture agreement before SIAC.
- Representing Cabot Corporation, PT Cabot Indonesia, Cabot S.A., and Cabot Malaysia in civil disputes against another shareholder in Indonesian courts.
- Representing an international leading metal recyclers before the East Jakarta District Court and BANI in relation to a dispute with one of its customers in Indonesia.
- Representing PT Bank Central Asia and PT Bank Mandiri as lead arrangers in the IDR 5 trillion (equivalent to approximately USD 555 million) financing of a 116-kilometer toll road turnpike section connecting Cikampek and Palimanan in West Java.
- Indonesia (1988)
- Boston University (LL.M.) (1991)
- University of Indonesia (Bachelor's Degree Law) (1987)
- Hong Kong