Peter Strivens is a Corporate Partner and heads the Firm’s Telecommunications Group in London. Peter is listed in the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers for telecommunications, and is ranked among the leading lawyers in his area of practice by Chambers Global, Chambers UK and Legal 500. He joined Baker McKenzie’s London office in 1982 and became a partner in 1990.
Peter Strivens acts on a wide variety of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He specialises in the telecommunications sector where he advises on a wide range of transactions, contracts and disputes in the UK and abroad.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a global manufacturing and technology company in relation to a number of disposals of the division.
- Advised Monitise in relation to the purchase of Pozitron.
- Acting for the Turkish Government on the privatisation of 55% of the shares of Turk Telekomunikasyon AS (the Turkish fixed line incumbent) by way of a block sale to Saudi Oger for USD6.55 billion.
- Acting for a global aviation group in relation to the restructuring of British Midland airways and the sales of BMI Mainline to IAG and of BMI Regional to a consortium of Scottish investors.
- Acting for, Merchantbridge, a private equity investor in relation to the acquisition of an interest in AsiaCell, a mobile operator in Iraq and the restructuring and refinancing of AsiaCell and the auction of new GSM licences.
- Acting for a multinational telecommunications and data center company on the disposal of their pan-European cloud business to Getronics.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1984)
- Oxford University (Master of Arts) (1990)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1982)
- Oxford University (B.A.) (1981)
- University of Witwatersrand (B.A.)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.