Dr. Ingo Strauss is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Dusseldorf office and a member of the Steering Committee of the Firm's European Private Equity Practice Group. He has more than twelve years of experience assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions and corporate law matters. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, Ingo worked in the Dusseldorf and Munich offices of Hengeler Mueller and in the Cologne office of Linklaters. From 2009 to 2010, he was seconded to Slaughter and May in London. Ingo is ranked by JUVE and Legal 500 as recommended lawyer in the area of corporate law and M&A. JUVE describes him as one of the most active transactional lawyers in Germany.
Ingo routinely advises German and international clients on M&A transactions, including public and private M&A and private equity, as well as on corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Grünenthal on the acquisition of Adhesys Medical.
- Advised SPIE on the acquisition of Lück.
- Advised DBAG on the acquisition of Duagon.
- Advised ZF on the carve-out and sale of its computer input devices business to GENUI Partners.
- Advised DFL Deutsche Fussball Liga on its joint venture with deltatre for match data gathering.
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on the acquisition of a participation in R&M group.
- Advised RWE and E.ON on its joint sale of their participation in Enovos S.A.
- Advised ZF Friedrichshafen on the acquisition of the large gearbox business from Bosch Rexroth.
- Advised HOCHTIEF on the sale of its offshore business to Geo Sea/DEME.
- Advised HOCHTIEF on the sale of its business unit Service Solutions to SPIE SA.
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- VGR- Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung - Member
- Germany (2005)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (Assessor Exam) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Dr. jur.) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Referendar Exam) (2002)