Dr. Ingo Strauss is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Dusseldorf office, Co-Head of the German/Austrian Corporate M&A practice and EMEA Private Equity Chair. He has more than fifteen years of experience assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions and corporate law matters. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, Ingo worked in the Dusseldorf and Munich offices of Hengeler Mueller and in the Cologne office of Linklaters. From 2009 to 2010, he was seconded to Slaughter and May in London. Ingo is ranked by JUVE and Chambers as a leading M&A lawyer. JUVE describes him as one of the most active transactional lawyers in Germany.
Ingo routinely advises German and international clients on M&A transactions, including public and private M&A and private equity, as well as on corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised METRO on the sale of a majority stake in METRO China to Wumei
- Advised Bayer on the sale of its participation in Chempark operator Currenta
- Advised Paragon Partners on the acquisition of Castolin Eutectic
- Advised Körber AG on the sale of its grinding division
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on the acquisition of Kraft & Bauer, duagon, R&M and mageba
- Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on the acquisition of Kruppert
- Advised ZF on the carve-out and sale of its computer input devices business and on the acquisition of the large gearbox business from Bosch Rexroth
- Advised SPIE on the acquisition of Osmo and Lück
- Advised RWE and EON on its joint sale of their participations Enovos S.A.
- Advised Hochtief on the sale of its offshore business, its facility management business and its property management business
- Corporate/M&A: Leading Lawyer High-end Capability, Chambers Europe 2020
- Leading M&A Lawyer in Germany, Juve 2019
- Top Lawyer 2018/2020 M&A Lawyers Ranking, Wirtschaftswoche 2018/2020
- Recommended lawyer in the area of corporate law and M&A, Legal 500 2018
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for corporate law and M&A, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- VGR- Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung - Member
- Germany (2005)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (Assessor Exam) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Dr. jur.) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Referendar Exam) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.