Dr. Ingo Strauss is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Dusseldorf office, Co-Head of the German/Austrian Corporate M&A practice and a member of the Steering Committee of the Firm's European Private Equity Practice Group. He has more than twelve years of experience assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions and corporate law matters. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2012, Ingo worked in the Dusseldorf and Munich offices of Hengeler Mueller and in the Cologne office of Linklaters. From 2009 to 2010, he was seconded to Slaughter and May in London. Ingo is ranked by JUVE and Legal 500 as recommended lawyer in the area of corporate law and M&A. JUVE describes him as one of the most active transactional lawyers in Germany.
Ingo routinely advises German and international clients on M&A transactions, including public and private M&A and private equity, as well as on corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised Körber AG on the sale of its grinding division.
Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on the acquisition of Kraft & Bauer, duagon, R&M and mageba.
Advised Georg Fischer AG on the divestment of two automotive iron casting plants.
Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the acquisition of Altendorf and Hebrock.
Advised Ufenau Capital Partners on the acquisition of Kruppert.
Advised ZF on the carve-out and sale of its computer input devices business and on the acquisition of the large gearbox business from Bosch Rexroth.
Advised SPIE on the acquisition of Lück.
Advised DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga on its joint venture with Deltatre for match data gathering.
Advised RWE and EON on its joint sale of their participations Enovos S.A.
Advised Hochtief on the sale of its offshore business, its facility management business and its property management business.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for corporate law and M&A, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Top Lawyer 2018 M&A Lawyers Ranking, Wirtschaftswoche 2018
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Best Lawyers for Corporate Law, Handelsblatt 2018
- Recommended lawyer in the area of corporate law and M&A, Juve 2018
- Recommended lawyer in the area of corporate law and M&A, Legal 500 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- VGR- Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung - Member
- Germany (2005)
- Court of Appeal, Cologne (Assessor Exam) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Dr. jur.) (2005)
- University of Cologne (Referendar Exam) (2002)