Kim Stouffer practices in the areas of banking and financial services, corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure and energy projects, public-private partnerships, and international business law.
Kim focuses her practice on representing clients in a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters, including corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, partnerships and joint ventures, public-private partnerships, renewable energy and infrastructure projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a successful bidder in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of Canadian P3 social infrastructure assets.
- Advised a consortium in connection with its bid for the ITR Concession, a 157 mile toll road in Indiana.
- Advised CHS Inc., a global agribusiness, on the USD3 billion development, construction and project financing of a fertilizer plant project in North Dakota, including the development of an associated wastewater treatment plant.
- Advising lenders to the consortium parties Black & MacDonald Limited, OHL Construction Canada Inc. and Miller Infrastructures Inc. in connection with the consortium's bid for the design, build and finance of the H2 and H3.4 Corridors of the York Viva Bus Rapid Transit system (vivaNext).
- Advised a shortlisted bidder in connection with a P3 project for the design, construction, finance and maintenance of a bus transit facility and the design, construction, finance, maintenance and operation of a snow management facility in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Advised a consortium member for the selected preferred proponent in connection with a P3 project for the design, construction, finance and maintenance of a new 153-bed Comox Valley Hospital and a new 95-bed Campbell River Hospital in British Columbia.
- Advised a 50/50 joint venture between Balfour Beatty Communities and Black & McDonald responsible for the facilities management services in connection with a P3 project for the design, construction, finance and maintenance of the new BC Children’s Hospital and the renovation and expansion of BC Women’s Hospital in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Advised a shortlisted bidder in connection with a P3 project to build and finance a new transit facility and operate and maintain the City of Barrie's bus fleet.
- Advised the Government of Canada in respect of the Detroit River International Crossing project for a new bridge between Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- California~United States (2017)
- Ontario~Canada (2014)
- University of Ottawa (JD) (2013)
- University of Ottawa (H.B.A.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.