Martijn Stolze is an associate within the Amsterdam Banking & Finance department and specializes in financial regulation, anti-money laundering, market abuse, financial instruments and products and other aspects of financial law.
Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2019, Martijn spent a year working at a major Dutch bank.
Martijn advises Dutch and international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, investment firms, payment service providers, corporates, pension funds and various other financial institutions on a broad range of financial regulatory topics.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised various financial institutions on successfully obtaining a license in the Netherlands.
- Advised various financial institutions on all manner of anti-money laundering, KYC/CDD and sanctions matters.
- Advised various financial institutions and e-commerce companies on PSD II and E-money directive matters.
- Advised a number of sponsors and underwriters on regulatory and prospectus matters regarding IPO's, including SPAC's.
- Advised a major Israeli bank on broad matters pertaining to Dutch law.
- Advised a major Spanish bank on regulatory aspects of a third country branch.
- Advising various major financial institutions on Dutch financial regulations for Dutch/EU contingency plans in the wake of Brexit.
- Advised various financial institutions and corporates on matters pertaining to EMIR, derivatives and the Benchmark Regulation.
- Advised major US banks on custody matters under Dutch law.
- Advised a major US bank on its securities brokerage activities in the Netherlands.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten) - Member
- Amsterdam Young Bar Association (Stichting Jonge Balie) - Member
- Dutch Securities Law Association (Vereniging voor Financieel Recht) - Member
- Amsterdam~The Netherlands (2020)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.M. Business Law) (2018)
- Utrecht University (LL.M. Criminal Law) (2018)
- Utrecht University (LL.B. Civil Law (Hons)) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.