Jennifer Stolp is a partner in the Banking & Finance Practice Group based in Johannesburg. Ms. Stolp has considerable experience in advising on general banking and finance mandates. She has counseled both sponsors and lenders on the Department of Energy's Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement (REIPPP) Programme. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. Stolp was a partner at a leading South African law firm.
Ms. Stolp's practice focuses on project and acquisition finance transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising GDF Suez Energy International Global Development BV and the Marubeni Corporation BV on their bid under Round 1 of the South African Government's Coal Baseload Programme.
- Advising the Development Bank of Southern Africa Limited on the "FIRST" financing programme in respect of the South African Government's Small Renewable Energy Programme.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Jennifer Stolp acted on the following matters:
- Advising Nedbank Limited, The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, Absa Bank Limited, Investec Limited, the Industrial Development Corporation Limited, the Development Bank of Southern Africa Limited, the Public Investment Corporation SOC Limited (acting on behalf of the Government Employees Pension Fund) and the Vantage GreenX Fund Proprietary Limited (as lenders) in respect of the project financing of the 100MW Ilangalethu CSP project in the Northern Cape (Upington), under Round 3 of the South African Government's Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers Procurement (REIPPP) Programme.
- Advised Rustmo Solar Farm (RF) Proprietary Limited (as borrower) in respect of a 7MW PV solar farm that reached financial close under Round 1 of the REIPPP Programme.
- Advised ACWA Power Solafrica Bokpoort CSP Power Plant (RF) Proprietary Limited (as borrower counsel) in connection with the project financing of a 50MW CSP project in the Northern Cape (Upington). The project was awarded Africa Energy Deal of the Year by Project Finance International, 2014.
- Advised the shareholders of ACWA Power Solafrica Bokpoort CSP Power Plant (RF) Proprietary Limited on the preference share funding of their equity investments.
- Advised Lereko Metier Renewable Fund on their preference share financing of the BEE shareholders in the Mainstraim Projects (Noupoort, Khobab and Loeriesfontein) under Round 3 of the REIPPP Programme.
- Advised Tsitsikamma Community Wind Farm (RF) Proprietary Limited (sponsored jointly by Exxaro and Tata Power) (as borrower counsel) in connection with the project financing of a 95MW wind farm in the Eastern Cape under round 2 of the REIPPP programme.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2000)
- University of Witwatersrand (Bachelor of Laws) (1997)
- University of Witwatersrand (Bachelor of Arts) (1995)