Michael A. Stoker regularly advises clients across various industries on areas of information technology, intellectual property, technology and software licensing, sourcing, data protection, privacy and electronic commerce. Mr. Stoker is experienced in transactional and general corporate matters, as well as technology-and intellectual property-related litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Stoker has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and has formerly worked as a software developer for a document and information management software company. His experience as a software developer has given him valuable insight into the technology matters of the clients he serves.
Mr. Stoker is a lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Information Technology, Outsourcing and Privacy Practice. He routinely advises clients in the areas of information technology, intellectual property, licensing, sourcing, data protection, privacy and electronic commerce. Mr. Stoker is experienced in transactional and general corporate matters, as well as technology-and intellectual property-related litigation and arbitration. He is admitted to practice in New York and Illinois.
Representative Legal Matters
- Application Development and Maintenance Outsourcing: Represented semiconductor manufacturer in multi-jurisdictional managed services outsourcing transaction involving application development and maintenance.
- Technology and Software Licensing: Represented technology companies in connection with the negotiation of technology collaboration and software license agreements.
- Federal and State Data Security Law Compliance: Advised travel services internet company with respect to US federal and state data security laws and information security policies.
- Information Technology Due Diligence: Performed due diligence concerning outsourcing agreements for an information technology service provider in connection with the acquisition of a competitor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (2008)
- New York~United States (2001)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.) (2000)
- Ohio State University (B.S.) (1997)
- New York