Catherine Koh Stillman practices in the areas of antitrust and complex commercial litigation in Baker McKenzie's New York office. She assists clients in the defense of merger challenges, class actions, and civil and criminal investigations. She also analyzes and manages filing obligations under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act and foreign competition regimes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a German rail equipment manufacturer in the first DOJ no-poach investigation following the October 2016 HR Guidelines issued jointly by the FTC and DOJ.
- Defended a Japanese manufacturer of capacitors in class actions alleging price fixing in the aluminium, tantalum and film capacitors market.
- Served as antitrust counsel on secondment at a multinational bank.
- Defended Chinese manufacturers of vitamin C in first price-fixing class actions brought in US courts against Chinese defendants involving landmark foreign sovereign compulsion issues.
- Defended a US manufacturer of filtration products in over 50 class actions, consolidated in the Northern District of Illinois, alleging price fixing in the aftermarket filters market.
- Defended a global healthcare products company in an antitrust class action against claims relating to alleged monopolization, restraint of trade, civil conspiracy and restrictive contract clauses in the urological catheter market.
- Defended a global healthcare products company in a lawsuit regarding alleged market manipulation of pulse oximetry products, including the use of sole-source contracts, market share discounts, co-marketing agreements and bundled rebates.
- Defended a German medical device manufacturer in a federal antitrust lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas challenging aftermarket service support, software and replacement parts distribution policies.
- Represented global technology companies in various multibillion-dollar transactions.
- Obtained FTC clearance for an American manufacturing company on its USD 602.5 million acquisition of a manufacturer of specialty glass and commercial display equipment.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York Women's Bar Association - Member
- Helped represent a group of detainees challenging detention at Camp Delta, Guantánamo Bay, Cuba in a habeas corpus action.
- Together with the Center for Constitutional Rights, organized a national conference and provided legal training for attorneys representing other detainees.
- Drafted the fundamental rights section of a draft Constitution presented to the legislature of Nepal, and co-authored a report on truth and reconciliation commissions presented to the legislature of Nepal.
- California~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2004)
- New York~United States (2003)
- University of Michigan (2002)
- Yale University (1999)
Contributor, Antitrust Law Developments, Section of Antitrust Law of the American Bar Association, 2009-2014
Contributor, Chapter on State Immunity: Selected Materials and Commentary, Oxford University Press, 2003