Representative Legal Matters
Defended a German rail equipment manufacturer in the first DOJ no-poach investigation following the October 2016 HR Guidelines issued jointly by the FTC and DOJ.
Defended a Japanese manufacturer of capacitors in class actions alleging price fixing in the aluminium, tantalum and film capacitors market.
Served as antitrust counsel on secondment at a multinational bank.
Defended Chinese manufacturers of vitamin C in first price-fixing class actions brought in US courts against Chinese defendants involving landmark foreign sovereign compulsion issues.
Defended a US manufacturer of filtration products in over 50 class actions, consolidated in the Northern District of Illinois, alleging price fixing in the aftermarket filters market.
Defended a global healthcare products company in an antitrust class action against claims relating to alleged monopolization, restraint of trade, civil conspiracy and restrictive contract clauses in the urological catheter market.
Defended a global healthcare products company in a lawsuit regarding alleged market manipulation of pulse oximetry products, including the use of sole-source contracts, market share discounts, co-marketing agreements and bundled rebates.
Defended a German medical device manufacturer in a federal antitrust lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas challenging aftermarket service support, software and replacement parts distribution policies.
Represented global technology companies in various multibillion-dollar transactions.
Obtained FTC clearance for an American manufacturing company on its USD 602.5 million acquisition of a manufacturer of specialty glass and commercial display equipment.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York Women's Bar Association - Member
Helped represent a group of detainees challenging detention at Camp Delta, Guantánamo Bay, Cuba in a habeas corpus action.
Together with the Center for Constitutional Rights, organized a national conference and provided legal training for attorneys representing other detainees.
Drafted the fundamental rights section of a draft Constitution presented to the legislature of Nepal, and co-authored a report on truth and reconciliation commissions presented to the legislature of Nepal.
- California~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2004)
- New York~United States (2003)
- University of Michigan (2002)
- Yale University (1999)
- Co-author, "United States: President Biden issues Executive Order to promote Vigorous Antitrust Enforcement in Key Markets," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 12 July 2021
- Contributor, Antitrust Law Developments, Section of Antitrust Law of the American Bar Association, 2009-2014
- Contributor, Chapter on State Immunity: Selected Materials and Commentary, Oxford University Press, 2003