Jonathan Stevens is a partner in the Firm's New York office. Mr. Stevens' practice involves all areas of federal taxation. He has lectured at conferences on various topics. These include special issues in mergers and acquisitions from a buyer’s and seller’s perspective, global reorganizations, legal entity rationalizations, spin-off transactions, working capital applied to transactions and corporate international tax compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised FedEx Corporation on their purchase of TNT Express N.V.
- Advised SPX Corporation on global restructuring prior to the announced public spin-off of its flow technologies business.
- Advised Johnson & Johnson on the USD2 billion sale of the Cordis business to Cardinal Health.
- Advised Johnson & Johnson on the USD4 billion sale of the Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Business to The Carlyle Group.
- Advised Johnson & Johnson on the USD1.75 billion acquisition of Alios Biopharma, a privately held clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies for viral diseases.
- Provided tax advice to Pfizer on its agreement to divest its nutrition business to Nestlé for USD11.85 billion.
- Advised Sony Corporation on their joint venture with Mubadala Development Corporation to acquire EMI Music Publishing.
- Advised Unilever N.V. on the acquisition of Kate Somerville Skincare.
- Provided tax advice to Pfizer with respect to its participation in ViiV Healthcare, a joint venture with GlaxoSmithKline and Shionogi to treat HIV.
- Advised Quest Diagnostics on the Global Clinical Laboratories collaboration with Quintiles.
- New Jersey~United States (1998)
- New York~United States (1998)
- Temple University (J.D.) (1997)
- University of Richmond (B.S. Business Administration magna cum laude) (1994)
- University of Richmond (B.A. History cum laude) (1994)