Dr. Martina Steiner is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Zurich. In 2017, she worked as an associate in the Geneva office for several months. Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, Martina worked at the cantonal courts and the public prosecutor’s office of Canton Nidwalden, as an attorney and law clerk. In addition, she gained courtroom experience and exposure to common law jurisdiction as a participant in the European Lawyers’ Programme at the Faculty of Advocates in Edinburgh, Scotland. Martina’s doctoral thesis on civil procedural law and her postgraduate degrees in mediation and forensics complement her working experience.
Dr. Martina Steiner focuses on civil and criminal litigation. She regularly supports clients in pre-trial negotiations, advises on avoiding litigation or arbitration and provides counsel on improving clients’ positions in potential conflicts before courts and arbitral tribunals. Often, this involves cross-border issues. Besides litigation, Martina advises clients on all matters involving labor, employment and immigration law in Switzerland, including issues related to reorganizations, restructurings and collective redundancies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Lawyers Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association - Employment and civil procedure law work Groups
- Swiss Bar Association
- Switzerland (2010)
- University of Lucerne (Dr. iur.) (2015)
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (Certificate of Advanced Studies Mediation) (2014)
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (Certificate of Advanced Studies Forensic) (2012)
- University of Basel (MLaw) (2008)
- University of Basel (BLaw) (2007)