Mag. Erik Steiner is an junior associate at Baker McKenzie's Vienna office. Prior to joining the Firm, Erik worked at the Federal Ministry of Interior as a legal advisor, supporting the implementation of IT security projects.
Erik advises multinational and domestic clients on data protection, telecommunications law, IT outsourcing, software licensing, cyber security and e-commerce matters. He also works on the IT aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, reorganizations and other strategic alliances.
Representative Legal Matters
Before joining the Firm, Erik:
- Advised an online IT service provider in a data protection litigation under the GDPR.
- Advised an international Bank with the implementation of the GDPR.
- Advised a client in the automotive industry on the restrictions and implications of using open source licenses.
- Advised a security consulting company on compliance requirements for penetration testing of their customers’ IT systems.
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2017)
- Higher Technical College of Engineering (2009)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.