Katelyn is an Associate in the Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group assisting clients in complex civil litigation and government enforcement matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Katelyn worked at a litigation firm where she focused on restrictive covenant, products liability, and shareholder dispute litigation.
Katelyn concentrates her practice on commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She has drafted dispositive motions, discovery briefs, motions in limine, motions for protective orders and injunctive relief, and appellate briefs. Katelyn has managed discovery for clients and has taken depositions of multiple witnesses.
Katelyn is also a member of the North America Trade Secrets Practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Katelyn handled the following matters:
- Assisted in a successful motion for injunctive relief in the Southern District of New York to prevent the wrongful termination of a corporation under a managed services agreement.
- Presented an oral argument on a motion to dismiss in a matter proceeding in state court.
- Represented a corporation against a derivative suit proceeding in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Advised a village in Northeastern Illinois of its rights related to an easement.
Hon. Maria Valdez, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Coordinated Advice & Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS) - Secretary
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan~United States (2019)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2019)
- Illinois~United States (2016)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD, cum laude) (2016)
- Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business (MBA) (2016)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City (BA in Communications and BA in Spanish, magna cum laude) (2012)
- Author, What’s in a Name: How a Misnomer in a Summons Can Impact a Plaintiff’s Suit, Civil Litigation Flashpoints, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, April 2019
- Co-author, The Sunlitz Decision: A Primer on Shareholder Demand for Corporate Books and Records When Self-Dealing is at Issue, Illinois State Bar Association Newsletter, November 2015