Shalini Soopramanien is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Banking & Finance – Major Projects Practice Group in New York. Prior to joining the Firm, Shalini worked in the project finance group of a leading US law firm and as an in-house lawyer at the African Development Bank.
Shalini's practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects.
- Dean's List, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
- Recipient, International Council for Commercial Arbitration Congress Africa Fund, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Represented clients in pro bono cases involving VAWA and U visa applications.
- District of Columbia~United States (2017)
- New York~United States (2011)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM with Distinction) (2016)
- The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (LLM magna cum laude) (2011)
- King's College London, UK (LLB Upper Second Honors) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.