Catherine C.H. Song is a special counsel based in the Firm's Shanghai office. Her practice focuses on foreign direct investment, and mergers and acquisitions involving real estate projects in China.
Ms. Song's practice covers structuring, documentation and negotiation of joint ventures for the acquisition or development of real property in China. She also has extensive experience in factory relocation, commercial tenancy matters and banking and finance secured by China property. She also advises on foreign exchange and other issues pertinent to business operations in China. Ms. Song is a qualified lawyer in the People's Republic of China.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for foreign real estate funds on their acquisitions of real estate projects or real properties in Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Shenyang, Tianjin, Zhuhai and Jiangsu provinces.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in its acquisition of a majority interest in a landmark project in Tianjin.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company on the sale of its interest in a Hangzhou real estate project and acquisition of a real estate project in Shanghai.
- Acted for one of the largest listed property companies in Asia in its more than 20 shopping mall acquisition transactions in Beijing, Shenzhen, Suzhou and other cities in China.
- Acted for a property fund in the acquisition of logistics warehouses in Shanghai and Xian, China.
- Acted for a NYSE-listed company on its negotiation with the local government for the demolition, relocation and compensation of its factory in Shanghai.
- Advised foreign clients on their tenancy matters in various cities in China.
- Acted for the Hong Kong branch of one of the largest state-owned banks in China in its construction financing projects located at Guangzhou and Qingdao.
- People's Republic of China~China (1991)
- East China Institute of Law and Politics (LL.B.) (1995)
- Xia Men University (B.A.) (1989)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.