Hatem Soliman joined the Firm’s Egypt office in 1996. He is a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt and lectures securities regulations at the Egyptian Capital Market Association, Egyptian Council on Foreign Relations and is an adjunct professor of law at the American University in Cairo.
Mr. Soliman focuses on securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate matters and dispute resolution. He regularly acts as the lead counsel in transactions involving these areas. Mr. Soliman has helped some of the biggest foreign and national companies close high value deals, and advised on landmark transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Agrium Inc. in a USD2 billion the merger and share swap between Agrium Egyptian Products and MOPCO.
- Represented Egypt’s largest telecom operator, Mobinil, in the USD200 million acquisitions of Linkdotnet and Link Egypt.
- Represented Living Inc in the USD80 million acquisition of Al Khalijia Real Estate Company.
- Advised American Standard on local aspects pertaining to the global spin off of the Bath and Kitchen business.
- Represented the sponsors (Echem, Agrium and Apicorp) in relation to the development and project finance of the petrochemicals complex in Egypt.
- Acted for Egypt LNG and its sponsors (EGPC, EGAS, PETRONAS and BG Group) in relation to the development and project finance of the Egyptian LNG Liquefaction Project in Egypt.
- Represented Tamweel in the sale of 100 percent of its wholly owned mortgage finance subsidiary in Egypt.
- Represented Rasmala in the acquisition of a securities brokerage company, an asset management company, and an investment bank in Egypt.
- Represented Credit Agricole in its acquisition of EAB.
- Represented Al Rajhi in a major commercial arbitration.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt - Member
- Egyptian Council on Foreign Relations - Member
- Egypt (1993)
- Ain Shams University (LL.B.) (1992)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) (LL.M.)