Hendronoto Soesabdo is a partner in Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners' Commercial Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Jakarta. He focuses on commercial litigation, compliance and arbitration, among others, and was recognized by Chambers Asia in 2016 for his responsive and balanced approach. Active in local legal industry associations, Mr. Soesabdo was awarded the Baker McKenzie International Legal Studies Scholarship in 2005, obtaining his LL.M. at the University of Washington.
Mr. Soesabdo focuses his practice on commercial disputes, advising on issues related to commercial litigation, compliance and anti-corruption/anti-bribery, arbitration and bankruptcy. He is also experienced in banking, finance and major projects, securities and capital markets, and general corporate/commercial law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented various banks and financial institutions in debtor's bankruptcies and court-sanctioned debt reorganizations.
- Leads the team representing a foreign engineering, procurement and construction company in its dispute against an Indonesian company. Potentially the largest case ever handled by the Indonesian Arbitration Body.
- Represented Navitaire LLC in Mandala Airlines’ suspension of payments process.
- Represented PT ISS Indonesia in bankruptcy proceedings, including its out-of-court settlement process.
- Representing PT PAM Lyonnaise Jaya in a citizen lawsuit, in which the plaintiffs are requesting that the government order the defendants to terminate the client's underlying agreement to manage Jakarta's water system.
- Acted for Biesterfeld International GmBH in its dispute against PT Dalzon Chemical Indonesia.
- Advised PT Metito Indonesia on its dispute against PT Pelabuhan Indonesia I.
- Assisting a Japan-based pharmaceutical company in conducting its anti-corruption investigation in Indonesia.
- Represented Singapore Telecommunications Ltd and Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte. Ltd. in appealing an Indonesian Anti-Monopoly Commission decision.
- Acted for PT Medco Geothermal Indonesia in its administrative law dispute against the Regent of Mandailing Natal, in relation to the Regent’s administrative decision on a major geothermal tender process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) - National Board Member
- Indonesian Law Graduates Association (ISHI) - National Board Member
- Indonesian Bar Association - Central Jakarta (IKADIN) - Vice Chairman
- Law School- Diponegoro University - Visiting Scholar
- Central Java Centre For WTO and ASEAN Studies, Law School - Diponegoro University - Board of Experts
- Indonesia (2006)
- University of Washington School of Law (LL.M.) (2006)
- Diponegoro University (B.A. Law) (1997)