Teresa advises on various aspects of trade mark and design protection and enforcement, including global filing strategies, clearance searching and transactions involving intellectual property for the UK, EU and overseas. Teresa has experience in trade mark disputes such as infringements, passing off, oppositions, cancellation actions, company name disputes, as well as negotiatons of settlements.
Teresa works with a number of global clients across different industries including FMCG, retail and the automotive industries. With her in-house experience, Teresa has a good understanding of the practical commercial pressures and implications that clients face, and provides commercially astute and practical legal advice on a range of IP issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Advising a global tobacco company on a range of trade mark issues, including assisting in a number of high profile dispute matters including at the UK High Court.
Advising on the global brand management and strategy for a leading international FMCG company.
Managing the global trade mark prosecution and disputes for an international automotive company and providing advisory work for a number of filing, branding and clearance projects
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) - Member
- Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) - Member
- United Kingdom
- Nottingham Trent University (Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Commendation) (2017)
- Queen Mary University of London (Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, Merit) (2015)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course, Distinction) (2013)
- King's College London, UK (LLB, 2:1) (2012)