Mallory Petrolli is a member of the International Commercial and Data Privacy and Technology Practice Groups in the Firm’s Chicago office. She regularly advises international consumer, defense, technology, and healthcare companies, as well as financial institutions on global data privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA), data security compliance measures, and the legal aspects of information technology. Additionally, she drafts for such companies, global data privacy notices for their employees, third parties, and consumers, as well as drafts commercial agreements for third party service providers, suppliers, and international representatives/distributors in accordance with applicable data privacy standards, international trade laws, and regulations for local representatives.
Ms. Petrolli assists multinational companies in trade compliance matters, particularly concerning export and import regulations, authorization requirements, trade sanctions and other trade controls. She also advises on cross-border agreements, foreign commercial laws and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and helps companies conduct audits and structure compliance programs.
Additionally, Ms. Petrolli works on voluntary disclosure filings and government-initiated enforcement actions in relation to the Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations and other US customs laws.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - International Law Section
- Illinois~United States (2016)
- California~United States (2013)
- University of London (LL.M. International Business Law) (2015)
- Saint Louis University (J.D. International & Comparative Law Concentration) (2012)
- University of Bern (Exchange) (2011)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A.) (2009)
- Fudan University (Exchange) (2008)