Richard Smith is an Associate in the EU, Competition and Trade department of Baker McKenzie's office in London.
Richard joined the London office in March 2013 as a Trainee and qualified into the EU, Competition and Trade Department in March 2015. Richard has also undertaken a four month secondment in the European and Competition Law Practice at Baker McKenzie's office in Brussels, as well as a seven month secondment at Barclays Bank Plc.
Representative Legal Matters
Assisting on multiple large-scale internal competition compliance investigations for a global financial services client.
Assisting a global financial services client with simultaneous regulatory investigations by competition authorities in multiple jurisdictions.
Advising another financial services client on the structuring of its rebates scheme for EU customers.
Assisting a manufacturing client and a global financial services client in relation to settlements before the EU Commission.
Advising a US private equity firm on the competition aspects of the acquisition of a global power systems business.
Advising Unilever on the competition aspects of its acquisition of the personal care and homecare brands of Quala, a Latin American consumer goods company.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2015)
- Ireland (Solicitor) (2018)
- King's College London, UK (Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2016)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2012)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2011)
- University of Warwick (BA History, First Class) (2010)
- University of California, Berkeley (Exchange Student) (2008)