Baker & McKenzie LLP
Jack Skinner is an associate in the Employment & Compensation Group in the London office of Baker McKenzie. Jack joined the firm in April 2017 having previously worked as an associate at a magic circle firm.
Jack practises in all aspects of UK employment law including day to day employment law advice, contentious matters and transactional work across a wide range of industry sectors.
Jack has particular experience working with clients to find practical solutions and mitigate their exposure following or in the course of grievance, disciplinary or investigative processes. His work often involves elements of data privacy advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international manufacturer on the exit of a senior executive heading up one of its Asia hubs. This involved a close scrutiny of internal processes and involved complex jurisdictional issues.
- Advised a listed company regarding major changes to its board and on wider restructuring and redundancy issues.
- Represented a financial services client in Employment Tribunal litigation involving discrimination, whistleblowing and contractual claims.
- Analysed a technology company's monitoring of sensitive health data including the potential future justifications and risks of doing so under the GDPR.
- Advised a multinational natural resources company in relation to TUPE issues triggered by proposed integration steps following a share purchase.
- Advised a private equity firm in relation to the enforcement of post-termination restrictions and confidentiality obligations following a senior employee's departure.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales (2014)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course, Distinction) (2012)
- (Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction) (2011)
- Oxford University (New College) (Modern History, First Class Honours) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.