Rachel Skevington is an associate in the Australian Employment practice group. Rachel has experience across key aspects of employment-related and work health and safety matters for both local and international clients.
Rachel has worked across a variety of industries including leisure, retail, logistics, manufacturing, education and media. Rachel has experience in work health and safety related matters, including coronial inquests, and has assisted clients with a variety of general employment matters such as unfair dismissal claims, contractual breaches, sexual harassment, policy reviews and dispute resolution. Rachel regularly assists with due diligence on employment, safety and industrial relations aspects of large-scale transactions across a wide range of industries including energy, mining and infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on work health and safety matter and obligations, including compliance, risk assessments, specific industry requirements, audits, and assisting in major safety investigations and coronial inquests.
- Advising on general workplace relations issues such as employment contracts, policy reviews and drafting, restraint of trade, sexual harassment, redundancy, unfair dismissal, discrimination, independent contractors, and termination.
- Advising on the employment and workplace health and safety aspects of large-scale local and international transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia (2019)
- New South Wales~Australia (2017)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2017)
- Western Sydney University (Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations)) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.