Shruti Singh is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Shruti focuses her practice on the private equity sector across Africa. Her experience includes commercial and corporate law, transactional work in methods of investment and associated structuring, conducting of due diligence investigations, providing advice, analysis and assistance with domestic and cross-border contractual negotiations, reorganizations, acquisitions and mergers in numerous African jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Shruti:
- Represented Helios Investment Partners, RMB Corvest and TRG, in connection with their full exit by means of a trade sale to publicly quoted JCDecaux of France of Africa's largest outdoor advertising business, operating in eighteen jurisdictions across Africa, Continental Outdoor Media (Projects Cheetah).
- Advised a leading European sponsor in their acquisition of a 100% stake in a multinational Zambian hotel and resort for a gross consideration of USD 35.9 million.
- Represented a leading South African based sponsor in connection with its strategic equity investment in a Ghanaian insurance company. Deal value approximately USD 20 million.
- Advised a multinational Indian pharmaceutical company with an acquisition of a 51% stake in a Nairobi based pharmaceutical manufacturing and marketing company with a total consideration consisting of initial pay out of USD 14 million.
- Represented Helios Investment Partners in connection with the implementation of new equity terms necessitated by a strategic investment by the PIC (Projects Takwa and Lighthouse, respectively).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2016)
- University of Witwatersrand (LLB) (2013)
- University of Witwatersrand (BA) (2011)