Dr. Björn Simon is a counsel in the Frankfurt office's Corporate Practice Group. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2015, he worked for the investment banking department of a German-based investment bank and as senior professional for a leading German law firm in Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
Dr. Simon advises national and international clients with particular focus on corporate and capital market law aspects. He frequently advises institutional and strategic investors in connection with buy-side and sell-side M&A transaction, joint ventures and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Shanghai Electric Corp. in its investment as backstop investor in Manz AG
- Advised the French listed company, Groupe SEB, on acquisition of the German manufacturer of kitchen tools and accessories, Emsa GmbH
- Advised Japanese Hitachi Koki on acquisition of Metabo power tools.
- Advised Heitkamp & Thumann in bidding competition for Balda.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dr. Simon was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Advised the management board of Hawesko Holding AG on the public takeover offer by Detlev Meyer.
- Advised the management board of R. Stahl AG in connection with the defense of the public takeover offer by Weidmueller and on M&A transactions.
- Advised the founding shareholders on the sale of rola security solution systems to T-Systems.
- Advised the Deutsche Bank/RREEF, Generali Pirelli Real Estate und Borletti as co-shareholder of the Karstadt real estate portfolio Highstreet.
- Advised GKN on its acquisition of Stromag Group from the private equity firm Equita.
- Germany (2006)
- State of Hesse (Second State Examination) (2006)
- University of Heidelberg (Dr. jur.) (2005)
- University of Heidelberg (First State Examination) (2003)
- University of Bayreuth (Additional Studies of Business Administration for Lawyers) (2000)