Dr. Björn Simon is a partner in the Frankfurt office's Corporate Practice Group. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2015, he worked for the investment banking department of a German-based investment bank and as senior professional for a leading German law firm in Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
Dr. Simon advises national and international clients with particular focus on corporate and capital market law aspects. He frequently advises institutional and strategic investors in connection with buy-side and sell-side M&A transaction, joint ventures and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika AG on the acquisition of FaistChemTec group.
- Advised Flowserve Corp. on the sale of its Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco.
- Advised Shanghai Electric Corp. in its investment as backstop investor in Manz AG.
- Advised the French listed company, Groupe SEB, on acquisition of the German manufacturer of kitchen tools and accessories, Emsa GmbH.
- Advised Japanese Hitachi Koki on acquisition of Metabo power tools.
- Advised Heitkamp & Thumann in bidding competition for Balda.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dr. Simon was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Advised the management board of Hawesko Holding AG on the public takeover offer by Detlev Meyer.
- Advised the management board of R. Stahl AG in connection with the defense of the public takeover offer by Weidmueller and on M&A transactions.
- Advised the founding shareholders on the sale of rola security solution systems to T-Systems.
- Advised the Deutsche Bank/RREEF, Generali Pirelli Real Estate und Borletti as co-shareholder of the Karstadt real estate portfolio Highstreet.
- Germany (2006)
- State of Hesse (Second State Examination) (2006)
- University of Heidelberg (Dr. jur.) (2005)
- University of Heidelberg (First State Examination) (2003)
- University of Bayreuth (Additional Studies of Business Administration for Lawyers) (2000)
Co-author, "Behandlung eigener Aktien der Zielgesellschaft bei öffentlichen Übernahmeangeboten" (Treatment of own shares of target company in connection with public takeover offers), Die Aktiengesellschaft 2012, page 237 et seqq.
Co-author, "Auswirkungen der Änderungen des Außenwirtschaftsgesetzes auf die M&A Vertragspraxis," (Consequences of the amendment of foreign trading act on M&A contract praxis), M&A Review 2009, page 159 et seqq.
Author, "Zur Herleitung zivilrechtlicher Ansprüche aus § 35 und § 38 WpÜG" (About the derivation of civil law claims from sections 35 and 38 German Takeover and Securities acquisitions Act), NZG 2005, page 541 et seqq.