Henk Arnold Sijnja heads the Corporate Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. He has broad experience in corporate law. Transactions he has advised on include public takeovers, private M&A, equity offerings, corporate restructurings and reorganisations. In addition, he advises major corporations on various aspects of corporate law, and regularly lectures on public and cross-border M&A. Henk Arnold is a member of the EMEA Capital Markets Group Steering Committee.
Henk Arnold has extensive experience advising and lecturing on cross-border public and private M&A, corporate governance and securities law.
Representative Legal Matters
At Baker McKenzie and prior to joining the Firm, Henk Arnold advised:
- T&K TOKA on the acquisition of Van Son Printing Inks from its shareholders.
- Cosmo Pharmaceuticals S.A. on the merger of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals S.A., Luxembourg into its fully owned subsidiary Cosmo Pharmaceuticals N.V.
- Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Berenberg), as listing agent, on the listing of RNTS Media NV (RNTS Media) in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Fedex Corporation on its public takeover of TNT Express N.V.
- Applied Material, Inc. on the merger of equals with Tokyo Electron Ltd (aborted).
- Argen-X N.V., a Dutch biotech company based in Belgium on its IPO.
- Polyganics on the sale of its nasal, sinus and ear surgery business to Stryker Corporation.
- RT/Raiffeisen Touristik Group GmbH on the merger of the travel businesses of D-Reizen, VakantieXperts and Globe.
- Domus N.V. on its proposed IPO on Euronext Amsterdam (aborted).
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, a listed globally operating pharmaceutical company headquartered in India on its public take over of Octoplus N.V., a service based specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in the Netherlands.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Trade Law Association - Member
- Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (1998)
- Professional Education Programme, Dutch Society of Company Lawyers (1995)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M.) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.