Denmon Sigler is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Houston office. Denmon offers over 17 years of experience advising clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of companies and business units, joint ventures, project development, offtake arrangements and shared-site agreements.
Denmon is widely recognized for her transaction expertise, being named to the Houston Business Journal's Who's Who in Energy. She has been recognized by Chambers USA, Nationwide: Energy, Oil and Gas (Transactional), Legal 500 United States and The International Who's Who for Energy Lawyers.
Denmon serves on the steering committee of Baker McKenzie’s North American Banking, Finance and Major Projects practice group.
Denmon has extensive experience representing exploration and production, refining, chemical, petrochemical and energy services clients in complex, frequently cross-border, transactions involving the purchase and sale of companies, business units and assets, spin-offs, the formation and governance of joint ventures, and project development, as well as operating and maintenance, product feedstock and offtake arrangements.
She also works with upstream and midstream oil and gas clients in matters involving the ownership, development and operation of conventional and unconventional, onshore and offshore, resources and infrastructure assets. Her practice also includes the preparation and review of all types of oil and gas exploration and production related agreements and documents.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Advised an international energy services company on the sale of assets located in the US.
- Advised a Mexico-based energy company on its proposed acquisition of US oil and gas assets.
- Advised an Argentina-based energy company on its acquisition by merger of a US oil and gas company.
- Advised multiple independent exploration and development companies in numerous transactions involving the sale of oil and gas assets in the Utica, Marcellus, Barnett, Eagle Ford shale plays, frequently combined with entry into an exploration and development agreement for the affected properties.
- Advised a private equity company on the formation of a joint venture to own and operate exploration assets in the Permian Basin.
Joint Venture and Project Development
- Advised an international refining company on its acquisition of joint venture interests in a refining company.
- Advised a chemical company on a joint venture to design, construct, own and operate a polymer facility in Taiwan.
- Advised an international energy company on the development of a world-scale ethane cracker and GTL facility in Louisiana.
- Advised an international energy company on its acquisition of joint venture interests in a global petrochemical refining business.
- Advised an international petrochemical company on the spin-off and sale of its global polymers business and related entry into a joint venture to own and operate a propylene manufacturing business.
- Houston's Top Lawyers for Mergers and Acquisitions, H Texas, 2008-2011
- Texas Rising Star, 2007-2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Council, Oil & Gas Section
- Association for International Petroleum Negotiators
- Houston Bar Association - Oil & Gas Section, Director
- Women's Energy Network - Executive Forum Member and Co-Chair of Speakers Committee, 2017 National Conference
- Houston Bar Associate - International Law Section
- State Bar of Texas - International Law Section
- Blaffer Art Museum - Director
- Da Camera Sociate of Texas - Director
- Houston Grand Opera - Trustee and Corporate Counsel Member
- Texas~United States (1998)
- South Texas College of Law (JD valedictorian, Order of the Lytae, Order of the Barristers) (1998)
- Rice University (BA) (1992)