Denmon is at top-rated energy attorney whose practice concentrates on complex, frequently cross-border, transactions involving the oil and gas, midstream, refining, chemical, petrochemical and energy industry more broadly, including public and private company mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures. She also advises clients on corporate governance matters.
Denmon’s transaction expertise in the energy industry includes transactions involving the purchase and sale of companies, business units and assets, spin-offs, and the formation and governance of joint ventures, as well as operating and maintenance, product feedstock, drilling, and offtake arrangements. She also works with upstream and midstream oil and gas clients in matters involving the ownership, development and operation of conventional and unconventional, onshore and offshore, resources, as well as pipeline and terminal storage development and commercial agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Advised a chemical company in the sale of the company through a competitive auction process to a private equity purchaser.
Advised an international energy services company on the sale of assets located in the US.
Advised a Mexico-based energy company on its acquisition of US oil and gas assets through a competitive auction process, and provide on-going support for the acquisition.
Advised an Argentina-based energy company on its acquisition by merger of a US oil and gas company.
Advised multiple independent exploration and development companies in numerous transactions involving the sale of oil and gas assets in the Utica, Marcellus, Barnett, Eagle Ford shale plays, frequently combined with entry into an exploration and development agreement for the affected properties.
Joint Venture and Project Development
Advised an international energy company on a joint venture to develop, own and operate new terminal storage facilities in Mexico.
Advised an international petrochemical company on matters related to entry into a joint venture to produce and market petrochemical products in the US.
Advised an international refining company on its acquisition of joint venture interests in a refining company with assets in the US and Africa.
Advised a chemical company on a joint venture to design, construct, own and operate a polymer facility in Taiwan, including engineering, construction, feedstock and offtake arrangements.
Advised an international energy company on the development of a world-scale ethane cracker and GTL facility in Louisiana, including feedstock and offtake arrangements.
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Energy, Oil and Gas (Transactional), 2013
- Legal 500 United States, 2013, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly, 2018, 2019
- Texas Rising Star, Texas Monthly, 2007-2008
- International Who’s Who of Energy Lawyers, 2013-2018
- Who’s Who of Energy Lawyers, 2013-2018
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for Mergers and Acquisitions, H Texas, 2008-2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Council, Oil & Gas Section
- Houston Bar Association - Director, Oil & Gas Section
- Women’s Energy Network - Executive Forum
- Blaffer Art Museum - Director
- Da Camera Society of Texas - Director
- Houston Grand Opera - Trustee and Corporate Counsel Member
- Association for International Petroleum Negotiators
- Houston Bar Association International Law Section
- State Bar of Texas International Law Section
- Texas~United States (1998)
- South Texas College of Law (JD valedictorian, Order of the Lytae, Order of the Barristers) (1998)
- Rice University (BA) (1992)
Co-author, "Trump’s America First Energy Plan," Oil & Gas Financial Journal, March 2017
Co-author, "Mexican Energy Reform: Emerging Issues in the Midstream and Downstream Sectors," InsideCounsel Magazine, November 2015
Speaker, “Anti-Indemnity Statutes in the Oil Patch,” Client Seminar, Orlando, Florida, January 2019
Moderator, “Women’s Energy Network Diversity & Inclusion Luncheon: Authenticity on the Road to Success,” Houston, Texas, October 2018
Panelist, “Reducing the Risk of Inheriting an Enforcement Action: Compliance Due Diligence in M&A and Joint Venture Transactions,” Baker McKenzie Doing Business Globally, Dallas, Texas, October 2018