Samantha Siebel is a consultant in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office. She is a seasoned practitioner with over 20 years of experience in the Australian energy and resources sectors.
Samantha has extensive experience in complex contractual arrangements, particularly in highly regulated sectors such as oil and gas, and electricity. She also assists in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and procurements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an equity participant in the consortium that successfully acquired the TransGrid electricity transmission business from the New South Wales government through a competitive tender process.
- Advised WorleyParsons in relation to the development and ongoing operations of the Esperance and Exmouth power projects, including the initial government tender phase, PPA negotiations, fuel supply arrangements, operation and maintenance, and project financing. Also advised on the divestments of these assets after years of successful operations.
- Advising various electricity and gas retailers on energy procurement strategies, long- and short-term purchase and sale arrangements as well as regulatory compliance.
- Advising throughout the development and operation of numerous greenfield projects in the power, oil and gas, and waste industries. Advice also covers tender/procurement, corporate structuring, financing and construction.
- Negotiating and drafting long-term, high-value contractual arrangements to support greenfield projects and undertakings, including foundation gas supply and transportation arrangements as well as power purchase agreements.
- Advising on numerous mergers and acquisitions, including the Victorian and New South Wales (NSW) electricity privatizations, trade sales and NSW waste privatizations.
- Advising industry participants on all aspects of energy and resources contracting and regulation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- AMPLA, Resources and Energy Law Association - Member
- Infrastructure Partnerships Australia - Energy & Sustainability taskforces
- Energy Supply Association of Australia - Member
- Victoria~Australia (1995)
- Melbourne University (B.A., Honours) (1993)
- Melbourne University (LL.B.) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.