Helmy, Hamza and Partners
Khaled Sherif is a senior associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. Khaled has accumulated over 10 years' experience of legal practice in Egypt. He is recognized as a "Rising Star" by both the IFLR and the Legal 500.
Khaled specializes in corporate, commercial and labor matters with a notable focus on construction projects, commercial agencies, mergers and acquisitions, investigations, telecommunication, media and technology, consumer goods, retail, intellectual property and dispute resolution matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Corporate and Commercial:
- Acted for a major Egyptian oil and gas service provider with the preparation of the tender documentation and the construction contract for building its Marine Terminal Product Hub in Al Ain El Sokhna.
- Acted for a major manufacturer of railway passenger coaches in a supply contract with the Egyptian National Railways, with a value exceeding one billion euros.
- Acted for a manufacturer of aircrafts in a supply and training contract with the Armament Authority.
- Acted for a multinational oil and gas company in the sale of its interest in Egypt.
- Acted for a client in the sale of its interest in Egypt in a major F&B and retail company.
- Acted for the shareholders of a licensed VAS company in Egypt on the demerger of their business.
- Acted for an American computer technology corporation with the transfer of a department outside of Egypt. This project entailed terminating and offering settlement packages for more than 60 employees.
- Acted for an American biopharmaceutical company in conducting investigations with its employees and advising on the relevant sanctions following the investigations.
- Acted for an oil and gas company in an ICC arbitration relating to a charter party dispute in Egypt.
- Acted for an Italian-Malaysian joint venture in an oil and gas dispute under UNCITRAL Rules.
- Ranked as "Rising Star" by IFLR 1000 in M&A in 2019
- Ranked as "Rising Star" by Legal 500 in TMT in 2020
- Egypt (2013)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (Master's Degree International and European Business Law) (2011)
- Cairo University (Bachelor's Degree (Law, LLB)) (2010)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (Bachelor's Degree International Business Law) (2010)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.