David Scott Shelton is an associate in the North America Banking, Finance & Major Projects Practice Group and resides in the Firm's Houston Office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Scott worked in Shell's Upstream Unconventionals commercial organization in Houston, Texas for seven years. During this time, Scott held roles of increasing seniority and responsibility supporting Shell's United States onshore shale assets, including Commercial Representative, Senior Commercial Representative, Staff Commercial Representative, and Commercial Team Lead.
In these roles, he provided a broad range of commercial support to Shell's Permian Basin asset, Haynesville shale asset, and US Commercial & Growth team related to opportunity identification, deal delivery, and onshore Land related commercial agreements. While at Shell, Scott completed a Master of Laws at the University of Houston Law Center where he specialized in coursework related to energy transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Scott worked as a Financial Analyst with Universal Pegasus, Inc. (formerly Universal Ensco, Inc.), an oil and gas engineering, design, and project management services company, in Houston, Texas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen - Certified Petroleum Landman (CPL)
- Oklahoma~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2011)
- University of Houston Law Center (LL.M. Energy, Environmental, and Natural Resources Law) (2019)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D. cum laude) (2011)
- University of Sydney (B.Com. and B.A.) (2006)