David Scott Shelton is an associate in the North America Energy Transactions Practice Group and resides in the Firm's Houston Office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Scott worked in Shell's Upstream Unconventionals commercial organization in Houston, Texas. During this time, Scott held roles of increasing seniority and responsibility supporting Shell's United States onshore shale assets, including Commercial Representative, Senior Commercial Representative, Staff Commercial Representative, and Commercial Team Lead. While at Shell, Scott completed a Master of Laws at the University of Houston Law Center where he specialized in coursework related to energy transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Scott worked as a Financial Analyst with Universal Pegasus, Inc. (formerly Universal Ensco, Inc.), an oil and gas engineering services company, in Houston, Texas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of International Petroleum Negotiators - Member
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen - Certified Petroleum Landman (CPL)
- Oklahoma~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2011)
- University of Houston Law Center (LL.M. Energy, Environmental, and Natural Resources Law) (2019)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D. cum laude) (2011)
- University of Sydney (B.Com. and B.A.) (2006)
- Co-author, Responding to the Oil Price Crisis: An Overview of Onshore and Offshore Federal Royalty Relief, Association of Corporate Counsel, Dallas - Fort Worth, 16 November 2020
- Co-author, Global Oil & Gas Survey: Response to the Oil Price Crisis, Baker McKenzie, 12 November 2020
- Co-author, "How Key US States Are Responding To The Oil Price Collapse," Law360, 29 July 2020
- Co-author, "Will US Oil Cos. Follow OPEC's Lead On Production Cuts?," Law360, June 2020
- Co-author, "Impressions from OPEC+'s June 6, 2020 Decision to Maintain Oil Production Cuts," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, June 2020