Kay is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Group in London.
Kay’s practice focuses on M&A, commercial matters, and corporate reorganisations, with a particular focus on the energy sector and ESG in M&A transactions. Prior to law, Kay worked as a government & policy advisor at the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, an industry organisation representing the interests of Canadian oil and gas producers.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised an international healthcare market intelligence company in its acquisition of an international medical data informatics company.
- Advised Vertiv Holdings on its US$1.8 billion acquisition of E&I Engineering Ireland and its affiliate, Power Golf LLC to expand its critical data infrastructure solutions offering.
- Advised Physitrack PLC, a B2B SaaS and virtual care provider within the remote patient services sector, in its IPO on Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
- Advised Tailwind Energy Ltd in its acquisition of Decipher Energy Limited, an oil and gas company with assets in UK North Sea.
- Advised Lonza Group AG (SIX Swiss Exchange) in its sale of businesses in France and Scotland to NextPharma Technologies Ltd.
- Advised Corcel plc (London Stock Exchange) in its acquisition of debt held by Sinom (Hong Kong) Limited in Resource Mining Corporation Limited (Australian Securities Exchange) in consideration for a mix of cash and new consideration shares.
- Advised an international nuclear company in its purchase of certain nuclear assets in the UK.
- Advised an international commodities company with its internal reorganising involving entities in UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and US.
- Advised Lonza Group AG (SIX Swiss Exchange) in its internal reorganisation prior to sale of businesses in France and Scotland to NextPharma Technologies Ltd.
- Advised an international nuclear company in connection with a post-acquisition reorganisation involving entities in Canada, UK, France, and the US.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Alberta - Member
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE) - Member
- Canada (2017)
- University of Calgary (J.D. (Faculty of Law)) (2016)
- University of Calgary (Master Public Policy (Dean's List)) (2013)
- University of Calgary (Bachelor of Arts Political Science (with distinction)) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.