Kay She is an associate with Baker McKenzie's London office. She was the recipient of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators Scholarship and the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship, which is awarded to students in the US and Canada who have the potential to make significant contributions in the field of natural resources law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Gibson Energy Inc. (TSX) in the sale of its environmental services business to a private company for CAD 50 million.
- Represented a joint venture between Samsung Renewable Energy Inc. and a subsidiary of ATCO Ltd. in its response to RFP to develop, finance, build, own and operate a solar project sufficient to generate up to 135,000 MWH per year.
- Represented ATCO Ltd. (TSX) in completing a private placement of CAD 200 million fixed-to-floating subordinated notes.
- Represented AKITA Drilling Ltd. (TSX) in its purchase of all issued and outstanding shares of Xtreme Drilling Corp. (TSX) for CAD 209 million and subsequent internal reorganization.
- Represented Eagle Energy Inc. (TSXV) in its sale of oil and gas properties to private companies for CAD 13.8 million.
- Represented Schlumberger Canada Limited in the creation of a commercial joint venture with an indigenous government-owned company.
- Represented Civeo Corporation (NYSE) in completing USD 289 million acquisition of 100% working interest in Noralta Lodge Ltd.
- Represented a privately held helium exploration and production company in the purchase of well assets to a private company for CAD 8.5 million.
- Represented Canadian Natural Resources Limited (TSX and NYSE) in completing CAD 12.74 billion acquisition of a 70% working interest in the Athabasca Oil Sands Project and other oil sands assets from Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- Assisted in reorganization of Westinghouse LLC post-acquisition of certain assets of Rolls-Royce PLC.
- Assisted in the arms-length transfer of 24.5% ownership interest in ATCO Structures & Logistics Ltd. from Canadian Utilities Limited (TSX) to ATCO Ltd. (TSX) for CAD 140 million.
- Canada (2017)
- University of Calgary (J.D. (Faculty of Law)) (2016)
- University of Calgary (Master Public Policy (Dean's List)) (2013)
- University of Calgary (Bachelor of Arts Political Science (with distinction)) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.